Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

AnimationBattlestars- Head to Head (Civil War) New CG endeavor

Randal RRandal R0 Posts: 0Member
edited September 2012 in Work in Progress #1
Now I will admit this is rather early in the making of this.

The making of BSG TOS The Arrival ( which is posted here) is on the back burner till I think up more for it.

I felt like doing something, and had not been doing any CG-grfx in past few months. So as I often do, I look for music
first. Well, again, I was inspired and motivated by what I find. On this video I have completely layed out my music track. I spent a whole day just mixing, cutting, editing the main track. I then use the music to help guide and inspire scenes I create. I also found a great reference video for BSG Clips. Which I have yet to attempt some semi-recreations with.

This music ,just cried out for those colonials to have a brawl to.... LOL ( Although I am not big on Reimagined as TOS)

Please watch in FULLSCREEN... Big Differnce!

"VIDEO Removed SEE latest update post in this thread."

The final scene in this video looks great fullscreen, but loses it acuity when shrunk.

Feedback,Tips,suggestions,comments- welcome
"This is only the beginning" WIP

Regards,

Randal R.
97289.jpg
Post edited by Randal R on

• Randal RRandal R0 Posts: 0Member
    UPDATE.

Actually, emitters are a blessing and also a curse lol

THey ARE great for many things, but figuring them out, to do some of those many things, that's the curse.....

I only ask that you watch in fullscreen and pay as you exit the theater...
    Tender your appreciation with sharing.

VIDEO NOTES:

As I often do, I will use music tracks as a guide and reference
    and put together pieces of the track while doing the video too. On this video,
    I completely found several tracks I want to use. Sample and edit pieces and put them together.
    Created the Music Track First with room for adjustments and additions.So, I kind of made the mood-ambiences
    before I do the clips. ( kinda a big lift )

Am really liking this track and video myself.

Really no plot or story other than 2 Battlestars are going to square off with their Vipers cocked and loaded.
    Much Much more to do. Including More Gunmounts added on both ships. All Emiitters and Weps and ensuing efx.
    Breakups. ( even mixed up and created a 4 Barrel Dbl Twin mount for Surface Guns.

PERSONAL NOTE:
    Have had a hellof a time past 2 days with issues that were already taken care,
    then another , and another,,,, nuff to pull hair.

It aint perfect, and have to correct things that were already corrected , again.
    As in when fixing one issue, i had forgot to turn off the smart sample in Sony, so some of the shots look pixelated LR.
    Updated Video:

--another bad upload brought to you by Youtube lol,.....----
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9iwrzipgXLs

My Apologies. Really should re upload but it takes me bout 2.5 hours to upload this.
    wait till next one.

I must say, I have a hell of a time with this update.

I Upgraded to C4d R13 from R10 and I keep having cascading errors and failures with the Physical Renderer.

The DOF and Motion BLur and it seems any Emitters, Pyros,Lights,Spots,
    and more just cannot seem to be rendered.

( suggested viewing- FullScreen )

Chasing down problems that should not even be happening at all.
    constantly, so, I only have added a few clips for the week.
    But am getting much better, but now slower with the uncooperative APP.
    I was hoping to have more in this update, but, takes more time to do these shots I plan on making.
    Note: Also seems to be a bad upload, pixelated again.

The one shot of 2 vipers in the gas clouds is MAHVELOUS! I love that shot.But Upload does it no justice....:(

Regards,

Randal R.
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    Can't watch it. Germanys lunatic copyright company has not cleared the score....
    Aresius wrote: »
    Can't watch it. Germanys lunatic copyright company has not cleared the score....

Sorry about that, it is a common thing and I have known a few Germans who regularly complain.

Here is Link For Vimeo for those in Germany. It is only country listed as blocked.

https://vimeo.com/48775245

[video=vimeo;48775245]

A few more clips.
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    Alright, got to watch that part. A bit laggy for some reason, but I saw enough to see I like it. :) Really cool idea.
    Hey Friends and Fellows

For those who like updates.....

Now I have spent a great deal of time on just a few clips.
    Am still building scenes and mounting weapons adding All kinds of emitters and lights, and I mean hundreds of em......... <<< HINT

Whether I can pull of a head to head with 2 Battlestars IDK yet.

( had a lot of app/comp problems of late. Real P U Off kind )

Think you might like some of the shots in this segment...

Stay Tuned, More in store....

Regards,
  • BorklessBorkless171 Posts: 0Member
    Looks great! But a few of the camera moves feel a little off. Remember, nuBSG space scenes were (supposedly) filmed by a raptor with a camera bolted to it. A few camera moves in that latest update seem impossible for anything other than a CG camera to pull off. Some of the depth of field looks a little off as well. (Don't remember ships blurring like that in the show)

That said, this is still looking awesome!
    Hey thanks for the input.

I do believe I have picked up a few things while making this one,

This is whole Video To Date.

Might want to change/check Quality of video to 480 or 720

I am hoping to keep up the pace and creating more explosive scenes, which in turn take
    a lot more time. And filling out the timeline is plenty to keep me occupied.......;)