Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

AnimationAnimation in Progress....BattleStar Galactica Wars

Martok2112Martok21120 Posts: 0Member
edited August 2012 in Work in Progress #1
Hi, folks,

Sorry so long since last I posted, but in addition to being busy as a singer on Bourbon St in New Orleans, I've been on-again/off-again working with Blender and iClone to make models and animations. (My hobby when I'm not busy being a rock-star....ha ha ha)

Over the last few months, I've been working on an animation project. It's a space fantasy mashup, a "what if" of sorts combining Classic Battlestar Galactica with Star Wars (original trilogy). The story itself takes place circa "The Empire Strikes Back"...as the opening crawl will allude to.

The visual style I am going for is a sort of semi cel-shaded look....very cartoon-like, without being cartoony.

At present, the story itself is running about 35 minutes, with even more footage in development. So it will be at least broadcast episode length (40-45 minutes), but if possible, I am hoping for feature length (an hour or longer).

This is not your typical fanboy/fanwank mashup. There's an actual story to this. I also boldly defy some wank-laden conventions such as "if it didn't happen on screen, it didn't happen". I go by official sources...not just what happens on screen.

Granted, my models are nowhere near as refined as many of the more experienced and talented artists here and across the net, but they serve my purpose. In the time since I've been away, I have heavily modified my Galactica model, refined my Viper and shuttle models, built several ships from Star Wars (all this in Blender, and then converting for use in iClone), in addition to creating the characters, sets, and props for the story. (I made the Imperial Officer uniform based off of a German Wermacht Uniform made by another talented artist at the Reallusion Forums.) The toon-mode of iClone serves my purposes, giving the ships just the right look. (Sadly, one disadvantage of working in toon-mode is that you only have one light source....so that kinda sucks).

All models in this project were built by myself, except for the following:

Valley Forge/Agro ship-- Built by the late, great Steve Wilson. A friend and mentor who passed away not long ago. The video will be dedicated to his memory.

Gemini Freighter and Colonial Movers-- built by Tiger Claw.

The cockpit and canopy for my Colonial Vipers were built by the talented artists at Reallusion (makers of iClone and 3DEXChange), as were several of the control consoles, and some walls and doors found around the Galactica. (Most of the Galactica's corridors were built by me, as was the bridge of the Star Destroyer, Irrefutable.)

Anyhoo....without further ado.... here are some samples of my work...all in progress. All are available in 1080p Hi Def.

The first 15 minutes of the story:
http://youtu.be/fFXGUdUKImI

And here is a battle shot from later in the story:
http://youtu.be/nxksMxevQgI

Hope ya' like what you see so far. :)

Respectfully,
Martok2112
Post edited by Martok2112 on

• Martok2112Martok21120 Posts: 0Member
    Will an admin kindly delete this thread, since I guess this is an uninteresting topic? Thank you.
  • Randal RRandal R0 Posts: 0Member
    Oh boy--- Steve, isn't it?

even I will get no replies on many a post on many a site.

But I figure it is there for any one to see it if they want to.
    IMHO I think many do not respond unless it is really visually stimulating.

Now, I get to watch your story................

First off. this is something of a crossover it seems that I always like to watch.
    I have myself thought of trying to merge "universes" of media worlds in many ways, many times.

Okay- Fine job of it.
    Dialogue and voice overs :D ( seems to be missing some-:D)

MAHVELOUS !

? Blue Colonial Uniforms? is it a special occasion lol j-k

Regards, Randal R ( Thunder )

PS,
    Oh yeah, should add a attachment picture for Thread Image.