Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DEnterprise D in Maya

2»

• advancemastermbadvancemastermb331 Posts: 0Member
    Looking great, I like the conference room. Will you be rounding the window corners to better match the studio model and set?

Thank you very much, For now the windows are just rectangular holes but thanks to the tuto provided by VALKYRIE013 I will round it, especially for the ones with an interior behind. For example conference room or ten forward.
    JMoney wrote: »
    I'd like to see a wireframe of the upper saucer if you could provide.

Thanks,

JMoney

Sure, for now I still have a lot of clean up to do with all those boolean windows, a lot of them are still a rectangle hole in the middle of a face :D so please be patient (not like me^^)
  • nightfevernightfever373 Posts: 585Member
    This looks very clean and promising.
    Whenever I'm up for it I continue to build mine in C4D (nearly finished exept the windows). So my question is, how did you align all the window boxes? My idea was to roughly line them up on a spline or edge and move them to their right position.
    nightfever wrote: »
    This looks very clean and promising.
    Whenever I'm up for it I continue to build mine in C4D (nearly finished exept the windows). So my question is, how did you align all the window boxes? My idea was to roughly line them up on a spline or edge and move them to their right position.

Thank you very much. In fact I used a "template" of all the windows viewed from top (I'm speaking of the little ones) done with a top view of the beauty. Then I placed it on a plane on top of the saucer and placed all the little boxes. When done I switched to a side view to rotate them and align with the curvature of the saucer and then boolean for each panel.
    I know it is a very strange way to do but at the end the result is quite ok so...

Small update. For now the bridge module is the same as Prologic's 9 one, I used his version as a reference as I said on the first post. Turns that I will remodel it again cause my enterprise D bridge set doesn't fit it (I know I should have checked it before).

Anyone with a high res picture of the bridge module from top and from side? Or a blue print? Or a cutaway to be sure to place the two inner set right in the good place?

Thank you again everybody
  • SaquistSaquist1 Posts: 0Member
    Does the scale of the conference room look too large for the bridge?
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804810 Posts: 11,319Member
    Why would it? The bridge is on the same level, just forward of the conference room.
    Here we are, a long time without updates I know, but I recently move to China for work so I was not able to post any update, but I think the saucer is nearly finished.

So, front, back, with the main shuttlebay with some shuttles (I have to improve the lighting and the shaders for the shuttlebay I know) !

Cheers

saucer_front.jpeg
    saucer_back.jpeg
    96523.jpeg96524.jpeg
  • trekkitrekki978 Posts: 1,433Member
    cool with the great shuttle bay. i love it !
  • TalosTalos0 Posts: 0Member
    Wow, that looks really nice! I love the depth the shuttlebay has with the door open. Really reminds me that most of that deck is open internal volume. The bow shot is very impressive too. I don't remember seeing a model that had all the saucer rim deck 9 and 10 windows on like yours has.
  • VALKYRIE013VALKYRIE013547 Posts: 1,473Member
    China? Sweet! Have fun!

shuttle bay is looking great sir! hope you have more time to play with her!
  • RekkertRekkert4348 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,336Member
    I'm liking that shuttlebay a lot. Also, the bridge textures turned out great.
    For all my finished Trek fan art, please visit my portfolio
  • anystaranystar0 Posts: 0Member

wow, that is a great shot, i just love all those interiors! talk about attention to detail.
    Thank you very much everybody :) I'm very glad you like it. I think I'm not yet finished with the saucer, I want to add a full arboretum, for now I only have a big empty room behind the windows^^
    I'm currently working on refining the textures of the bridge module, because you can't see it here (but you will), when you look through the top window of the bridge, you can see the whole interior ^^

Concerning the rim windows, I was reading about the conception of the physical model and the difference between the 4 foots and the 6 foots and I saw that the rim was meant to be (at the beginning of the conception) a big corridor in which everybody could walk to think about other things than there duty, so I came back with this idea with mine. So decks 9 and 10 are corridors which reunite around the Ten forward (still under development but it will be there don't worry).

I've started modeling the stardrive, I think it will be quite longer but I hope to finish it to start playing with the whole thing in some animations.
  • TALON_UKTALON_UK2 Posts: 0Member
    Looking great, keep up the fantastic work.
  • publiusrpubliusr560 Posts: 1,763Member
    The Avatar for this thread still shows the saucer with no bridge--just a flat expanse. That might be interesting all by itself...
    Hi everybody,

So it's been a while, a lot of things to do, but here it is, my 90% finished Enterprise D !!
    Quite everything is here, some interiors, I'm still missing one shuttlebay on the neck, I want to upgrade my textures and shaders again, I'm planning on adding a captain yacht, etc... but I couldn't resist to do a test shot of everything :)

So here it is.

sunrise_orbit1.jpg

Background by QAuZ, Enterprise by me.
    97998.jpg
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804810 Posts: 11,319Member
    Wow, great render. I love that background. Your D is looking fantastic. :thumb:
  • VALKYRIE013VALKYRIE013547 Posts: 1,473Member
    Love it!
  • SaquistSaquist1 Posts: 0Member
    Must be disco night in the Lounges.
  • SchimpfySchimpfy396 Posts: 1,632Member
    Beautiful shot! Your D is fantastic. :thumb:
  • RekkertRekkert4348 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,336Member
    Whoa! That's what I call an update! ;)

It looks amazing advancemastermb. But I think Saquist is right, there are too many illuminated windows in the saucer rim in my opinion.
    For all my finished Trek fan art, please visit my portfolio