Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

AnimationStar Trek vs BSG

2»

• EnterpraisEnterprais197 Posts: 124Member
    I made and HD version with the purpose that youtube don't compress it too hard. Also I corrected titles. A bit.
  • SchimpfySchimpfy396 Posts: 1,632Member
    I could watch the first two minutes over and over again. :thumb:
  • Toa_KaitaToa_Kaita332 Posts: 0Member
    Enterprais wrote:
    And another thing - I forgot to mention in the video another man, who helped me a lot with wormhole effect - Toa_Kaita. His tutorial. Brave bionicle! I'm sorry!

Thats quite all right, though the real credit has to go to Nikola Novak :) As I said on youtube, absolutely phenomenal work! I wish I could come remotely close to what youve accomplished here!
  • SplitMatterSplitMatter0 Posts: 0Member
    I loved it, specially in the moments the Mass Effect music popped in, haha. Very nicely done, perhaps a bit too much spinning but it was awesome anyways. Fantastic work
  • BorklessBorkless171 Posts: 0Member
    I actually liked the spinning. It really gave the impression that there's no up or down in space. It could do with more nuBSG style snap-zoom though.
  • Bmused55Bmused55177 Posts: 487Member
    Borkless wrote: »
    ..... It could do with more nuBSG style snap-zoom though.

I respectfully disagree. That AND all the spinning would induce nausea! It was overused in NuBSF IMO, took away from the beauty of some of the shots.
  • Randal RRandal R0 Posts: 0Member
    Enterprais wrote: »
    Queenhunter, thanks! Apps - 3dsmax for animation, "adobe after effects" for adding effects and adobe premiere for final montage. Plugins - Ky_Trail for blasters and engines, AfterBurn for explosions, Ky_Milky Way for stars.. I believe that's all for 3dsmax. In after effects - OpticalFlares, Trapcode Shine, Starglow, Form, Horizon, then ReelSmartMotionBlur - RSMB.

About tutorials - phasers tut is from here. About shields.. actually Nutsy didn't make any, he just pointed me in the right direction. Anyway, I did some "explanation" file in 3dsmax - here it is. The main idea - we have particle system, when one particle hits some surface(sphere), it generates another particle, which has the shape of this sphere, but limited in 3 dimensions - sphere's chunk, which has some animated texture we did before.

By the way, is it ok I use russian file sharing system for files?

And another thing - I forgot to mention in the video another man, who helped me a lot with wormhole effect - Toa_Kaita. His tutorial. Brave bionicle! I'm sorry!

Allright, you da man @ tender age of 20...?

Thanks So Much.
  • EnterpraisEnterprais197 Posts: 124Member
    Thanks to you!
  • airbusA380airbusA3800 Posts: 0Member
    squealing like a fangirl XD
    though i do argee the federation seemed a little underpowered in it but it just stretched out the awesome :)
  • StormcloudStormcloud2 Posts: 0Member
    throw in my general applause, like many others on seeing the title i had horrible visions of poorly modeled ships, bad lighting, horrendous animation and pathetic effects - but didn't take long to get blown away, the warp effect was superb and the star trails, loved the shield effects!

like others have noted i did find the federation ships underpowered, i was expecting the radiers to pop instantly like that episode of tng where the enterprise crew in duped into attacking a much less advanced civilization - so yeah the galaxy class alone would probably have been enough

but yeah overall an amazing bit of work