Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DWIP Star Wars Falcon

advancemastermbadvancemastermb331 Posts: 0Member
edited March 2012 in Work in Progress #1
Hi everybody,

I was playing around with my still in wip Maya conversion of Millenium Falcon model by Crook and I decided to add some color to it, so here it is with blue marking.
What do you think?

PS : if someone has tips or advices concerning how to light up a space scene in Maya I would be very happy to hear him :p

falcon_blue.jpeg
falcon_blue_2.jpeg
falcon_blue_3.jpeg
94134.jpeg
94135.jpeg
94136.jpeg
Post edited by advancemastermb on
Tagged:

• TralfazTralfaz412 Posts: 846Member
    Nice job on the conversion, but personally, I like the original paint scheme on the Falcon. It looks like all of the original paint has worn off and left the blue undercoat showing.

Al
  • TALON_UKTALON_UK2 Posts: 0Member
    Interesting, were you inspired by the Falcon's cameo in the prequels? I believe that version had a partially blue paint scheme if I remember rightly. How many tris is this model? Looks really good. Just needs some smoothing in the cockpit area.
  • advancemastermbadvancemastermb331 Posts: 0Member
    @Tralfaz, thank you very much, I like the original paint scheme too and I have a whole set of textures with this scheme but I wanted to try something different, I agree the effect is not really good I will try maybe to reduce the blue area.

@TALON_UK, yeah I saw them and thought it could be fun to try, it is just some blue stripes or red ones if I remember the falcon cameo and not a complete painting.

It is around 300 000 quads for now, as I said it is a conversion from a lightwave model and the cockpit aspect is due to the strange way lightwave export fbx sometimes, there were a lot of "orphan vertex" if I could say that so I will remodel it soon.
  • tekkon7tekkon761 Posts: 0Member
    I'm with TALON_UK, looks somewhat like the Falcon in one of its many previous iterations. Especially how it looked right before it had the core blown out. Nice work, btw, very good looking conversion.
  • largolargo331 Posts: 0Member
    Though i have only seen bits and pieces, I think in the 'Clone Wars' CGI show on Cartoon Network they show what the Y-Wing looked like before all it's panels got ripped off in favor of easy repairs (or something? maybe it isn't really the story, just looks like a Y-Wing with a body kit)
    Anyway, I Love the work so far, I mention the above because I always figured the Falcon looked the way she did because she had a few hundred billion miles on the odometer, I wonder what she would look like if it had a similar story as the Y-Wing, once upon a time when it was new things were all put in place, no open sections or whatever.
    Largo, you should check out the Haynes Millennium Falcon Modified YT-1300 Corellian Freighter Owner's Workshop Manual, that features various configurations of the trusty old YT-1300, doesn't look like any of them particularly cover up those engineering panels along the side though, looks like that was always intended as part of the design, though most of them are more sparse than the Millennium Falcon's appear to be. Really good book for reference if you intend to build one. Is really tempting me to have a crack at this beauty.
  • BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral1126 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 2,582Member
    Nice work. I'd actually increase the blue area... I never liked the all-white look of the ship, though the design itself is okay.
  • Maverick EagleMaverick Eagle0 Posts: 0Member
    I'm more for racing stripes for the YT but to each there own. I always wondered how a Yt would look like if it was owned by a security unit

Is it just me or does the YT-1300 series keep reminding me of the old GMC and Chevy Blazers pickup and SUV GM line.. I always got the impression the falcon and most of the YT series was kinda the light SUV Pickup series Corriela had. They seem to have a similar life style. Quite popular when they were new, not too pricey, easy to drive (fly), decent light transport ability for passangers or cargo, from point A-B. Very easy to modify, reliable when they want to be. Capable of being fixed by the owner with just the tool box he has and some mechanical knowledge. Seems to outlive its newer sisters and cusions, and many no longer are in there original factory specifications. Also despite how old they get you can't help but love the old truck or ship.
  • advancemastermbadvancemastermb331 Posts: 0Member
    Some new work with some action

blue_falcon_orbit.jpg
    94260.jpg
    Cool.
  • largolargo331 Posts: 0Member
    I had a file on a now dead hard drive with Crook's MF lightwave Mesh that I called the Millenium Betty, where I used the textures from Teybor's Betty (from Alien Resurrection).
    It had an interesting look, actually reminded me of what the MF might look like if it was built by caterpillar.