Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

2DSTAR TREK- 100th Anniversary Contest

IwataIwata1 Posts: 0Member
edited July 2013 in Work in Progress #1
First at all, this is not a classical "redesign the Enterpirse"-Contest. Inspired by the Marvel 2099 Comics, i want explore one single question: "What does Star Trek look like on itA’s 100th Anniversary in the Year 2066 ?" I believe, the Star Trek of this Time evolved somehow in a Cultclassic like the works of Jules Verne or HG Wells today.
The same Story, but many interpretations.

What i got here today is my version of the Classic Enterprise. Its the same basic design as in the Original Series, but with some new details.
93669.png
Post edited by Iwata on
Tagged:

• publiusrpubliusr550 Posts: 1,747Member
    I like the aft of the secondary hull great. Interesting saucer.
  • SchimpfySchimpfy396 Posts: 1,632Member
    You may want to rethink the positioning of the RCS on the underside of the saucer. Judging by the rest of the saucer there's no reason to draw the thrusters as though the saucer has a tapered rim. Good work otherwise, though. :)

Edit - A couple of other things I noticed...the docking ports on the secondary hull and neck. Right now they don't look very well placed. The one on the neck doesn't leave much room for error if you were trying to attach at that point with either a shuttle or a gangway. The one on the forward half of the secondary hull doesn't take into account the curvature of the hull and you'd have to dock to that one at a very odd angle in relation to the rest of the ship. Lastly, the one at the base of the nacelle pylon just plain doesn't make sense from an engineering standpoint. There would be too many structural and other engineering components in that area. Ideally, the setup of the refit Connie is best...aside from the torpedo launcher docking port. :p
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    huh, that's an interesting aspect. I'd hope it to go like that..
  • IwataIwata1 Posts: 0Member
    Enterprise 2066.png

UPDATE:

Back to work people. This time just a voyage more close to Matt Jeffries original design, the warpnacelle is still work in progress.
    More a few days later..... and bye the way itA’s the bigger sister of the Big E
    98054.png
  • IwataIwata1 Posts: 0Member
    Starfleet has some dirty secrets. Before Kirk and Pike, there was another starship with a famous name, who historybooks has allmost forgotten. 1701-zero propaganda !.png
    102234.png