Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DCoolhands 3D printing projects.

124»

• BlueNeumannBlueNeumann631 Posts: 1,287Member
    No,I've never even played Wipeout, just seem some footage and listened to the soundtrack.
  • MadKoiFishMadKoiFish9802 Posts: 5,327Member
    Oh wipeout, the texture it kinda looks like a refrigeration compressor and coolant doo dahs. Say the bottom half of a 90s fridge. Then again it could be just a mess of junk cut and pasted or just made from scratch. I only ever played XL a lot so I just vaguely remember the pilot logos.

guessing the image is from here? https://phoboslab.org/wipeout/

As for printers it is mostly the argument of the chemicals as I am already reactive to a lot of vapors (cant physical model anymore due to the glues and paint.) And the balance of models vs practical prints stuff like brackets for pcs and other junk. In the end I will likely end up with both a gooper and pooper machines. Real issue atm is space and finding a breaker that will sustain it in a area without temp or humidity flux.
    Each day we draw closer to the end.
  • CoolhandCoolhand287 Mountain LairPosts: 1,296Member
    Not so easy back then to just take a snap of a fridge and have it appear on your 3d model, Psygnosis, as they were called at the time, were a big studio and it could more easily be a graphic element re-used from another game they developed - possibly Microcosm, which featured a spectacular (for the time, obv) 3D rendered intro animation - or maybe something else related to the Amiga computer or Lightwave related as Microcosm would have been rendered in LW on Amiga.

They were also working with Softimage and Silicon graphics after being acquired by Sony and even developed a sequence for the (awful) movie 'Hackers.'

Here's a bit more background on the studio, and links to Microcosm intro and Hackers.

https://www.eurogamer.net/wipeout-the-rise-and-fall-of-sony-studio-liverpool

@BlueNeumann, well thats the best part, I think most of the soundtrack is on the website Koifish posted.
    g0gt83z005cv.jpg Having some fun with this procedural texture effect - just a radial gradient.
    lennier1StarCruiserLizzy777
    Rollllll up one and all! Grand opening of Coolhand Motors coming soon, and boy do we have some bargains for you! Low miles, all previous owners were genetically modified elderly ladies...
    bo9rx5xtz4qt.jpg
    lennier1StarCruiserLizzy777