Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DSnowspeeder - Hoth Battle

PabloPablo0 Posts: 0Member
edited March 2012 in Finished Work #1
Hi all,
I don't think i ever uploaded a decent, large image of this :confused:
I'm getting some good comments on this from a Star Wars fan art group on DeviantArt and it reminded me of this models thread from a while back http://www.scifi-meshes.com/forums/showthread.php?72769-ESB-Snowspeeder-WIP and the last thing i said was that i'd upload a higher res version, which i can't recall doing, so here goes.

Details: Everything was modelled in Cinema 4D (AT-AT supplied by very nice C4D Cafe member Contrafibularities), Crew were created in ZBrush. All textures are handpainted onto UVs in Photoshop. Post work on a multi-pass render (C4D's Advanced Render) in Photoshop too.

Cheers :thumb:
Paul
93359.jpg
Post edited by Pablo on
Tagged:

• IRMLIRML253 Posts: 1,993Member
    I really like this, it's got that sort of illustration feel to it
  • RekkertRekkert4129 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,314Member
    It's really an amazing image, love the composition. Like IRML said, it looks more like an old school illustration rather than a 3D scene, which speaks of its high quality.
    For all my finished Trek fan art, please visit my portfolio
  • PabloPablo0 Posts: 0Member
    Thanks very much. I'm pleased that you noticed that I was going for an older, almost painted feel. I took inspiration from those ww2 dog fight paintings, and I wanted to present a more intense, life or death battle than is represented in the movie. I also imagined the finished piece being used as box art, like Rogue Squadron. I might mock that up, could be fun : ). Thanks again!
  • ComcoComco317 Posts: 1,281Administrator
    Fantastic, Pablo! From memory, it was me who asked for a higher res version of that image. It looks great. As IRML said, it has an illustration look to it. Thanks for sharing. :cool:
  • DCBDCB331 Posts: 0Member
    Pablo wrote: »
    I also imagined the finished piece being used as box art, like Rogue Squadron.
    Actually it would be perfect as box art for a plastic model kit. Kind of reminds me of some aircraft ones I had as a kid.
    93431.jpg
  • SolCommandSolCommand172 Posts: 0Member
    Wow, this looks fantastic !
  • WizWiz28 Posts: 0Member
    Another wow here from me, this image takes me back to the likes of the annuals

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/The_Empire_Strikes_Back_Annual_1980

Really excellent work mate, love it! :)
  • LonewriterLonewriter236 Posts: 1,078Member
    Nice render.
  • moebiustripmoebiustrip0 Posts: 0Member
    Oh I like that image a lot. It very reminiscent of the artwork that you'd see on model kit boxes.