Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

2DStar Trek Frigate WIP

2»

• evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804604 Posts: 11,186Member
    That's awesome. Great work. :)
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    Looks cool either way. No matter the era.
  • FlankerFlanker0 Posts: 0Member
    Thanks everyone. Been a bit stuck with the ship and shuttle and as such I decided to work on something else and came up with this. It is a runabout which is basically smaller then a danube but is still quite potent. As it stands it only needs some minor details before I work on the colors and such.
    93233.jpg
  • blackbird17blackbird170 Posts: 0Member
    Like this ship, very sleek for a TMP era Federation ship.
  • HellsgateHellsgate0 Posts: 8Member
    Flanker: Just one idea...the nav deflector on your frigate, I'm thinking of an NX-type ovular design, that might be more effective mounted on the front lip of the saucer instead, perhaps hidden behind a grey/blue mesh-grid like on the Defiant-Class?
    Finally finished. I am aware it is not one of the largest ships and certainly not he most powerful yet small ships always have had my attention due to their important, yet overlooked, roles.
    93419.jpg
  • JennyJenny2 Posts: 0Member
    That's pretty darn sweet, Flanker. Well done. And I agree with you on the small ship thing. I've always been a fan of the smaller ships... the light cruisers, the scouts, the destroyers.
  • RekkertRekkert4260 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,326Member
    I like it a lot man, and I'm another one that agrees with you on the small ships fan club. :p
    For all my finished Trek fan art, please visit my portfolio
  • komarokomaro348 CanadaPosts: 752Member
    I really love your Shuttle and runabout. Very nice shape to it and slick design. Would be great to see it in 3d, eventually.
    Thanks everyone. I might make a MSD for this one and who knows komaro it would be fun to see it in 3d
    Started work on a MSD for this ship. Still WIP but most of the important installations are there
    93613.jpg
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    Nice work, there.
  • VALKYRIE013VALKYRIE013547 Posts: 1,473Member
    no space shuttles or tribbles??? :)

Looks great!
  • LonewriterLonewriter236 Posts: 1,078Member
    Nice ship, looks like a 22nd century version of Voyager. I'd love to see a 3d version of her.
  • blackbird17blackbird170 Posts: 0Member
    Nice work on this MSD, looking forward to seeing it completed.
    I knew I had forgotten the tribble generator :P It does has a small shuttle (no space shuttles though) and a pod though. I like how it turned out so far and good to hear more people think the same. At the moment there is a friend working on a 3d version Lonewriter ;) I will provide a link later on when he has finished it.

The image seen here in the attachments is basically the finished MSD minus the LCARS that goes with it. It turned out bigger then I actually thought it would be
    93647.jpg
  • JennyJenny2 Posts: 0Member
    So there's a secondary Bee Bay forward, or is there some way that connects to the aft bay?
    Its actually a small storage bay which houses a bee :)
  • saulteniansaultenian331 Posts: 0Member
    Very nice ship set indeed. I really like the rendering technique you are using...very crisp and clean.