Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

New to Lightwave, need a bit of advice.

shaneongleyshaneongley0 Posts: 0Member
Hows it goin guys, I've been using 3D Max 9 for a good while now but a copy of Lightwave 10 found its way to me and I've decided to give it a go, heard some good things about it, just wonderin if anyone who's done the same as me has any bits of advice on ways to make the transition to Lightwave any easier?

Many thanks in advance.
Post edited by shaneongley on

• charonjrcharonjr0 Posts: 0Member
    Hi Shane,
    I have some experience with Lightwave. Not a guru, but can help you with any questions that you may have.

Lightwave has a steep learning curve if you have never done 3D. However, since you've worked in 3D Max, my guess is that you will find the transition to be easier than a total newbie. The biggest help that I can offer is to try to relate the tools that you used in 3D Max to similar tools in Lightwave. The second recommendation is to make something that you really want to work on. This will motivate you to keep trying and make mistakes that you can learn from.

If you want to ask me any questions, I can check back here from time to time, or you can email me at [email protected]. Please put "Lightwave Question" in the subject line so that I can find you in the spam folder and add you to my contacts list.