Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DKumari-Class Science Ship v2.0

• VALKYRIE013VALKYRIE013547 Posts: 1,473Member
    Looking nice sir! are you going for a more of an oberth influence or the excelsior??
  • LonewriterLonewriter236 Posts: 1,078Member
    I like it, it looks like a the Nova class predecessor.
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804617 Posts: 11,190Member
    Yeah, it's looking good. I like the compact design. :D
  • publiusrpubliusr555 Posts: 1,755Member
    Reminds me a little of this
    http://s149.photobucket.com/albums/s71/pauly1972_photos/USS%20Liberator/
    He did other work on excelsior study models and more:
    http://s149.photobucket.com/albums/s71/pauly1972_photos/Apollo%20Class%20USS%20Gage/

Those Grissom-era/type nacelles have been underused, so kudos for bringing them to the fore.
  • RekkertRekkert4260 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,326Member
    Thanks all for the comments!

@VALKYRIE013: As for the saucer, it'll have more of an Oberth influence, with some touches from the Excelsior and some original stuff.

@Lonewriter: The Nova is one of my favorites designs, and I originally intended this ship to be it's predecessor.

@publiusr: I always liked that particular Excelsior study, but I didn't knew someone made a model of it, so thanks for the link. As for the nacelles, I agree, even if they aren't too conventional, they are among my favorite kind of nacelle.

More work on the saucer, I've done the main shape of the impulse asembly and now it's time to add details, I'll mostly base them on the Oberth (of course :D) and on some details of the Miranda-Class.
    For all my finished Trek fan art, please visit my portfolio
  • floodcasso2floodcasso2259 Posts: 124Member
    This is fantastic. I LOVE the saucer. Can't wait for more updates.
    Those details are looking great so far. I especially like the ribbed area on the saucer top. :)
    Thanks guys!

I'm starting to add details to the impulse assembly, but there's still a lot to do there. Please tell me what you think 'cause I'm not entirely convinced by its look so far.
    Some more work done, and also added some other details at the impulse exhaust, including the texture.
    loking good! detals look great!
    I like the details on the top thing, though I'm not sure they necessarily look like impulse details. The back part looks good.
  • Polaris 004Polaris 004199 Posts: 752Member
    I really like the the way you mix so many different Class elements with poise and creativity. This is a really cool design.
    The impulse exhaust is perfectly placed, not too much stagnant area below the vents. Never did like the shuttlebay being there as it is on the -D. The secondary hull aft is the best spot for shuttles IMHO
  • MelakMelak332 Posts: 0Member
    Nice work! Nice start on the details overall, and I like the shape of the impulse engine! :)
    Thanks all for the comments!

@evil_genius_180: Yes, I'm not sure what they're supposed to be either :p, but the Oberth has a little area like it and I thought it looked cool.

Added more details, mainly those domes things, but I've spent a lot of time fixing mesh errors.
    Looking good, I like the impulse dome thingies. :)
  • SchimpfySchimpfy396 Posts: 1,632Member
    Very nice. Now that's starting to look like the impulse machinery you intended. :thumb:
    Thanks guys!

Some minor updates, mostly some more details around the domes, I've also added a texture to them.
    I've learned a lot of things while modeling this ship, and because of that, now I'm starting to feel a little unhappy with the nacelles. I've changed the hull lines at the top of them to make them more like the ones on canon ships, and maybe I'll keep modifying them in the future.
    Similar to the Excelsior class top, but smaller as befits a ship of this size. Nice progression.
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    Nice work there.
    The domes look good. What don't you like about the nacelles? I think they're the best feature of the ship so far.
    nice sir! I like the impulse deck!!
    The domes look good. What don't you like about the nacelles? I think they're the best feature of the ship so far.

I may redo or add new hull lines or things like that, I won't be changing anything substantial.
    Sorry for the lack of substantial updates guys, but life is keeping me busy.

I've decided to make the impulse assembly smaller, basically 'cause I just wanted to finish it and move on to other parts of the ship, but I think it looks better this way. I still have to finish some areas of it, but all is finished in my head so it won't take me long, hopefully I'll post some more updates soon.
    Has anyone done Impulse vents curved inward of the saucer? Something to think about...
  • oldmangregoldmangreg198 Woodland Hills, CAPosts: 1,339Member
    never saw this post before. I like this ship. It's so TINY!. lol
    Your right to an opinion does not make your opinion valid.
  • FlankerFlanker0 Posts: 0Member
    great work Rekkert like the detais you have added so far
  • StarshipStarship474 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,984Member
    The actual saucer details and impulse are looking very good!
    Thanks guys for the comments!

I've completely redone the saucer, I had make too many mistakes deforming the old one to accommodate the impulse details. The shape is basically the same but I've added lots of details here and there and I've modeled the hull lines (or whatever they are called), still more to add!

Comments always welcome!
  • SchimpfySchimpfy396 Posts: 1,632Member
    I like what you've done here. The depressions in the hull look better now that they aren't broken up.