Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DStargate Milkyway Off-world

coatsecoatse0 Posts: 0Member
edited July 2011 in Work in Progress #1
This is my first Stargate mesh render. next step is to add the wormhole opening and puddle effect. any help and suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Stargate_grass_2.jpg

Stargate_grass.jpg
90635.jpg
Post edited by coatse on
Tagged:

• viper01870viper018700 Posts: 0Member
    look real good
  • andar_bandar_b0 Posts: 0Member
    I bet the flush effect will be an interesting process to make. I haven't got a clear idea how I'd do that.

I think the chevrons are quite a bit too glowy, and you might want to adjust the parts that are actually glowing. I think in the series, only the middle crystal thing glowed, and even then it was a dull glow. Of course, in the movie there was no glow. Your resolution is pretty tiny to be able to see the details of the gate at all. I'm a big stargate fan, so I'm always glad to see SG stuff.
  • colbmistacolbmista2 Posts: 0Member
    looks more like a 2d wip then a 3d..
  • ParagonParagon0 Posts: 0Member
    Something to keep in mind: the wormhole opening obliterates anything in front of it. I imagine there'd be a big gouge in the ground in front of it, with no grass.
  • Kmpr´rakKmpr´rak171 Posts: 12Member
    Cool. I did my own Stargate series some time ago, called "Stargate: Opportunity"!
  • Dr LeeDr Lee2 Posts: 0Member
    Looks good, has an animated look to it....
  • andar_bandar_b0 Posts: 0Member
    Yeah, these usually have a base, unless they've been unused long enough to get buried. That...and it doesn't have a DHD...so maybe it's borked? :p
  • coatsecoatse0 Posts: 0Member
    I can see what you mean, I am having a thought to add a building to it with steps like the greeks used as a housing. I hope you understand what i mean
  • coatsecoatse0 Posts: 0Member
    as it says work in progress not completed