Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

Can anyone confirm? Blender is ignoring MTL file for me...

andar_bandar_b0 Posts: 0Member
I've been trying and trying to get Blender to import the WHOLE model and textures from 3DS Max, which I finally got working. None of the options for exporting seem to give me any promise of results. I've been working on this all day and the best I can seem to get is 25% of the textures to come through, which doesn't make any sense to me at all.

Anyway, I noticed in this process that the newest version of Blender will NOT even try to import my OBJ/MTL pair. It fails without throwing any sort of error whatsoever. I load up 3.53, and that will import the OBJ, but it seems to completely ignore the MTL.

Just to test this, I textured the default cube and exported it to OBJ. I import the same file back in, and NO TEXTURES. I tried it on both OSX and Win7, both did the same thing.
Post edited by andar_b on

• evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    Which version of Blender are you using? If it's 2.5X, try 2.49. If I remember correctly, 2.49 had an option during .obj import to manually locate the .mtl file. I don't know why 2.5X doesn't do that, unless that's a feature they haven't added back in yet.
  • andar_bandar_b0 Posts: 0Member
    2.49 sees the file and links SOME of the textures, but there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to the ones it skips. It also seems to be putting them in the wrong slots or something, because the ones that DO import, look really strange.

You gave me a thought though. I'll try to save the (weird) result and bring it in to 2.58, and see what happens.