Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

Star Trek Australia

tnpir4002tnpir4002418 Posts: 1,277Member
Here's a question--does anyone know of a current active mirror for Star Trek Australia?

Or, failing that, does anyone happen to have any of the files from that site archived? I'm particularly interested in Klingon and Romulan meshes, but Federation ships would be good to have as well.
Post edited by tnpir4002 on

• count23count23361 Posts: 781Member
    STA's last active mirror (startrekmeshes.com) died in 2008, there may be some old archived files floating around in archive.org if you're lucky.

Only other places you can look would be Scifi 3D and trekmeshes, most of the "better" STA meshes were from those two sites. foundation3d also has a large share of the old STA meshes (in a converted LW format from the original 3ds or vice versa). Someone over there should be able to do an LW->3ds conversion for you if you ask. Hell, I could probably do em too as long as you're happy to remap the textures and repair any geometry bugs.

Also, a 5 minute google search turned up these: http://www.trekmeshes.ch/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=190

Seems to be the "alien" races like hte Bajorans, Ferengi and whatnot there, (Did see the concord too).

I do have some of the old STA meshes archived on my PC, let me know which ones you're after and I"ll see what i have. I know i have the delphin, concorde and more of the rarer ships cause I could get LW versions of those from the old lwg3d.org site.
    Formerly Nadesico.

Current Projects:
    Ambassador Class
  • tnpir4002tnpir4002418 Posts: 1,277Member
    Straightup conversions are easy, I have 3DS Max 2009 and Deep Exploration, and between them I can convert just about anything. It's getting my hands on the originals that's the hard part.

Most of the meshes from Star Trek Australia as far as I recall were fairly low-poly, and that's actually what I'm looking for--Retribution has some shots of the Federation armada, but the problem is that all the meshes I have are fairly high-poly, so I can't get but so many into one scene.

It was easier when I did the Romulan fleet shots, the Kerchans were high-poly but the warbirds weren't, so as long as I kept the distribution even I could get around 65 ships into one scene with the memory I have. With the Federation fleet, in order to get even one of each of the 30 ship types I've prepared, I have to jump over to my supercharged i7 machine with 8GB RAM.
  • count23count23361 Posts: 781Member
    trekmeshes has a lot of low poly ships, foundation3d kinda does but they phased most of them out when they move from lightwave group.
    Formerly Nadesico.

Current Projects:
    Ambassador Class