Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DStargate 2095 my vision of Stargate in the Future

zxcottonxzzxcottonxz0 Posts: 0Member
edited March 2011 in Work in Progress #1
Hey guys this is my first post here, over a period of time im planning on doing a whole fleet of vehicles based around stargate from fighters to bombers tanks to emplacements and fast ground attack vehicles to cargo dropships. A detailed analysis of what each Vehicle does will be put up when i have a bit more time.

its probably going to take me quite a while and there may not be updates frequently as im juggling my uni work and other life commitments.

ok so let me give you a basic sort of story/timeline im revolving my stargate themed vehicles around. Ok so here i go, the year is 2095 the wraith were eradicated in the year 2015 and for over 80 years earth has been threat free and in that time earth flourished technologically. The United Nations now became the World Wide Government (Renamed in 2035 to EPT (Earthern Planets Treaty)) there were no longer individual governments for each country each country had a representitive within the World Wide Government however each country still handled its own military this helped to keep peace within the world. Now to step back in time, the year 2015 was a very historical year as that was the year the world found out about the stargate the First act of the WWG was to let the world know about the stargate. In the year 2026 WWG put a Request out to all countries within WWG to support a bid to begin colonising other planets throughout the Star Systems.

The 9th chevron expedition finally completed their mission and returned home in the year 2025, the crew returned but destiny did not. After deciding that it would take too long to get back to earth abord the ship the crew of the destiny decided to dial earth and go back through the stargate. The plan was to plot a course for destiny to automatically return to earth on its own but shortly after the crew left the destiny, destiny jumped into FTL but because of the immense amount of power that it took to dial earth from so far away the shields failed during the FTL jump and destiny was ripped apart. During the time the team aboard the destiny spent they got to know the ship extensively finding out everything they could about the ships advanced technology. Upon their return they managed to fetch back several data storage devices full of blueprints for parts of the ship and knowledge that destiny had collected upon its voyage.

in the year 2030 earth had built its first ship based upon the technology upon the destiny. this ship was a colony ship the USAF MAYFLOWER with the period of 5 years over 20 more colonie ships were built and spread out across the star systems establishing colonies on many planets by the year 2040 earth had colonised over 200 planets and by 2045 earth had shifted its focus to build up military assets to help protect these planets and also to explore new galaxies and find new planets suitable for colonisation during an expedition to a distant galaxy a collection of military ships stumbled across another advanced race of humans (The Balaerans) at a similar technology standpoint to earth. In the year 2060 EPT put forward a proposition for a treaty between the two planets to help protect their interests. the treaty was accepted by the balaerans and for 30 years the two planets enjoyed a fruitful relationship sharing knowledge and technology.

This relationship broke down in the year 2091 when the Balaerans attacked a Earthern colony completely unprovoked because of the fact that the planet was rich in trinium which earth used to build most of its ships. the Balaerans launched a nuclear attack against the mining colony and systematically wiped out every human upon the planet. Unclear why the Balaerans attacked the EPT sent a huge armada of ships to the Balaeran Homeworld and demanded to know why they attacked. They told Earth that it was a rogue element of their government that had launched the attack and that they did not know about it. While these talk were being held the Ept Sent 3 Orbital Bombardment ships to destroy the attackers and wipe out any threat. The EPT started to believe these reasons but were waiting for intel from their spys within the Balaeran Government to report back, and when they did all became clear. This so called Rogue element was infact assembled by the Balaeran Government to Cause havoc within the EPT protected planets to try to bring the downfall of earth and all its colonies. As soon as EPT confronted the Balaerans they had earths spies assasinated and attacked the armada orbiting their planet with somesort of superweapon it wiped out 90% of the ships that were sent were destroyed the ones that were not barely escaped. EPT declared war upon the Balaerans and for over 4 years EPT has been losing colonies to the Balaerans, however with a new breed of military assets in the works the tables may soon turn.

sorry for any spelling mistakes or confusion :P

anyway below are a few quick block renders of some fighters that im working on, they have a slight BSG influence to them but ive tryed to keet them within the stargate style. let me know what you think.

Standard Fighter Aircraft
fighterrender001.jpg
fighterrender002.jpg
fighterrender003.jpg

Light Anti Ship Fighter
antishipfighter001.jpg
antishipfighter002.jpg
antishipfighter003.jpg

Post edited by zxcottonxz on
Tagged:

• PheonixPheonix1 Posts: 0Member
    a pretty cool timeline. however, i don't see how the Balaerans could pose a threat to Earth in 2095, seeing as there would be time to explore the databases on Atlantis and Destiny as well as the Asgard Computer Core.

looking forward to your future developments. and try to keep your WHIPs in the Stargate theme. the fighters above look more like BSG than Stargate.
  • zxcottonxzzxcottonxz0 Posts: 0Member
    Hey Pheonix,

the balaerans pose a threat as some of the technology from those sources has been shared and they have also had a similar upbringing as earth in the fact that they found stuff that they learnt from etc etc but they also have technology that the people of earth dont have that they have gained from other races within their galaxie that the humans of earth have yet to come across :)

yeah i know they do look a little BSG like in those images but atm im working on makeing them look more like Stargate BSG but with the story line im going down design features will change from say for example the F-302 :)
  • LockeFPLockeFP171 Posts: 0Member
    If I were you, I would change those fighters to a wedge-like design. It would (I think) fit more with the Stargate established tech. Remember that nearly every scifi show has kept its tech fairly consistent, even through decades of refinement. Witness the original Enterprise and the Enterprise E or F. Pretty consistent in overall design features. Star Wars even kept most of its design features in line. The Star Destroyers from the original trilogy and the troop transports from the newest installments are a perfect example. One can instantly see design lineage in them.

As for your storyline:

I'm not sure about the terms you use for the government, such as Earthern Planets Treaty. "Earthern" isn't a term I have ever heard used, and probably wouldn't be favored by anyone in the real world. A better term would be Terran, since that actually has roots in the real world. "Terra" can refer to the goddess Terra Mater in Roman mythology, who is the "Earth Mother" when translated literally. Another issue with the terms you have chosen is the word "Treaty". A planetary governing body probably wouldn't use a treaty, but instead a constitution of sorts. All things considered, I believe that Terran Interplanetary League (or something similar) might be a better choice.

Another issue with the governing body is that I don't seriously believe that any nation would subject themselves to the disbandment of their governments, and still be able to keep their military intact. The military has always been the foundation that a nation has been built on, and to remove the head of this force would be to unleash a potential problem. Military heads would begin jockeying for position politically, and you would have a military coup every other week, especially in the more underdeveloped countries, where that kind of thing happens often anyway. Better to leave the current governments in place and co-opt the military of each into a single global defense force. That way, you can also requisition any amount of expenditure into the global economy to pay for the ships that will require massive funds to pay for them.

I would be hesitant to reach any conclusion about Destiny until the series actually comes to a close, since you'll be writing your own ending for something that has the potential to change your future history radically in the next couple of years. Better to simply ignore it for now and add it in later when things have shaped up more.

I would need more info on the ships you are considering building for colonization, but just on the surface 20 ships in 5 years seems pretty high. You would need far too many resources of the planet to build that many that quickly, and the quality would probably suffer. One colony ship would seem to suffice for a few years, and then build another one. Remember that these do not have to be one-way ark ships. They can utilize FTL, which would facilitate a faster return to pick up another group of colonists. They could be making constant runs to planets that we already know are inhabitable, so there wouldn't need to be any exploring for these worlds. Instead, one ship could make a run in a couple of weeks and be back at earth ready to take another group within a month. So build the ships slowly, and build them well. That way they'll last, and you can make each one more unique, since new technologies will be available with years between builds.
    Hey LockeFP,

i know my story has lots of inconsitencies etc etc but it was just a rough story just to sort of set the scene im not really a good storyteller, when it comes to the resources most of the resources were gained through the stargate from offworld mining operations :P ive changed the model a little bit from that now ive put some more detail in it ill be posting the images up here soon.
  • count23count23361 Posts: 781Member
    The only two things that bug me in the story are thus:

1. Destiny's AI has an amazing ability to protect the ship, there's no way it would threaten itself by just FTLing in the middle of an Earth-dial.
    2. Destiny is over 50 million years old, (at least several million older then Atlantis), the "over a million" thing was confessed by Joseph Malozzi (head writer) to be done instead of 50 to not confuse a new audience.

Ship designs look interesting though.
    Formerly Nadesico.

Current Projects:
    Ambassador Class
    i dont know if youve seen episode 12 of season 2 but destiny does acctually in essences destroy its self after eli and rush remove some protocols to dial earth while in a star so it can be done. ill have an update soon not got much time on my hands atm :S
    heres a quick update tell me what you think and ive decided to scrap the storyline im just going to make things that i think look cool and try to make a variety of vehicles that look relatively the same anyway tell me what you think

fighterrender004.jpg
    fighterrender005.jpg
  • count23count23361 Posts: 781Member
    zxcottonxz wrote: »
    i dont know if youve seen episode 12 of season 2 but destiny does acctually in essences destroy its self after eli and rush remove some protocols to dial earth while in a star so it can be done. ill have an update soon not got much time on my hands atm :S

Actually, considering how old the ship was and how it was still able to support life and keep the passenger compartments in 1 piece long enough for any crew able to evacuate, i'd say the AI was working fine considering the circumstances.
    Formerly Nadesico.

Current Projects:
    Ambassador Class
  • Kalic-VadekKalic-Vadek0 Posts: 0Member
    Well the story line can stay it just needs to be fixed, and that won't be hard to do either, but my main nitpick is the 200 planets in 70 years thing. the SGC has made about 3 Alpha bases(in it's cannon existence of 15 years), but they were all in a mountains (well one was an Building), and for military use, the fact you need to take the Civilian Population into account means at most by 2095, your gonna at max 5 Fully developed Planets (outside of the Solar system), with the Population of a few Million, with Mars likely being Terra-formed, (if the Asgard can fix a Sun, they can Terraform) Mars is likely gonna be hugely more popular than the out of Solar System Colonies, Simply because it's closer to home, and they know about it Mars, maybe Alpha Centuria will be the next popular, I'm Rambling now... but it would be hugely impossible for the EarthGov to get 200 planets in 70 years, Unless your the Commonwealth.

If you want some help with the story just ask, I'm happy to help.
    Any Help will be greatly appreciated im terrible at story telling :P

what do you guys think to the renders above? im going to re render them in vray at some point soon just trying to get my uni project finished and textured (which isnt going well im terrible at texturing :P)
  • Kalic-VadekKalic-Vadek0 Posts: 0Member
    I really think you should try and make the Fighters as close to the Linage of the F-302 as possible, granted after being designed over 100 years ago, there gonna have a slightly different fighter design, but the design of the F-302 is a tried and tested design, so you should try and make it more StarGate-y, mainly because the Fighter you posted looks like an Arc-170.

I'll send you an PM with an back story in the next few days.