Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DVenom Replacement of old serenity starfury fighter

metalsnakemetalsnake5 Posts: 0Member
edited March 2011 in Work in Progress #1
well i finally made this fighter and think i've got the details down to the base perfectly however something seems missing i'm not sure what so though i'd let you guys perv away at the mesh and see if you can provide any ideas as to what it needs adding

C&C always welcome

metal
87988.jpg
Post edited by metalsnake on
Tagged:

• HaturodHaturod0 Posts: 0Member
    Seems to me the wings are pointing upwards? It looks kinda funny from this angle like one wing is shorter then the other. What I miss is a "ladder" thingy under the cockpit if you want to add that :) something funny with the nose as well, seems to me it points some odd direction :)
  • L2KL2K0 Posts: 0Member
    looks fragile and heavy to fly
  • metalsnakemetalsnake5 Posts: 0Member
    @haturod the wings are indeed pointing slightly upwards there in landing position ( landing gear not shown ) once in slight the wngs can drop down 60 degrees into its attack mode , the render shown above is a 45 degree perspective render once i've got the others sorted out you will see the nose is correct

@L2K i wouldnt say she's that heavy tbh the main body is roughly about 15% if not the same as an x-wing if you include the engines as for fragile she's fast and quite weel shielded from anything for her to break up into pieces to quickly call it a very new scifi of an f14 tmcat minus the angular wings
  • HaturodHaturod0 Posts: 0Member
    something that just slipped in to my brain :) I say make those extrude lines in a diamond shape and rename the fighter to diamondback, like the diamondback spider :)
  • L2KL2K0 Posts: 0Member
    tiny pieces suporting bigger pieces make anything look fragile.
    I get the impression i wouldnt need to push that hard on your wings to tear them off. on any of your wings.
    the exposed engine (glowy thing) make it worse. i think i'd armor the vital parts.

heavy as in fat ass. the center of mass is on its ass. if i was to drive this thing i have the impression i'd need to pull real hard for it to response.
  • metalsnakemetalsnake5 Posts: 0Member
    ok the wings are a little thin and the engines arent exposed if you actually look at the damn picture you'd notice the covered in a strong glass/shield its easy to see its blue

oh yeah that reminds me the x-wing had quite thin wings for its weight in the middle and that still flew didnt it