Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DVirtualKey08's Clydesdale > Converted to MAX8

NightShadowNightShadow10 Posts: 0Member
edited February 2011 in Work in Progress #1
I like the Clydesdale shuttle mesh that was designed by VirtualKey08. Unfortunately, it was originally done in Lightwave, so it had to be converted. By the time I was done with the conversion and re-texturing job I realized that others may want this. So! I'm posting a couple pics here for your inspection. If you like it enough say so and I'll add it to the Downloads section here at SFM. VirtualKey08 and I have already discussed it and he's all for it- so now the final decision is YOURS! :)

Attached is the sample pic that came with the original version and two WIP pics created by yours truly with the converted version.
87516.jpg
87517.jpg
87518.jpg
Post edited by NightShadow on
Tagged:

• BrandenbergBrandenberg1682 CaliforniaPosts: 1,947Member
    A very nice conversion. I have Lightwave. Is the shuttle downloadable in LW format somewhere on this site?

Edit: False alarm. I found it. Thanx.
  • VK08VK083 Posts: 0Member
    I like the Clydesdale shuttle mesh that was designed by VirtualKey08. Unfortunately, it was originally done in Lightwave, so it had to be converted. By the time I was done with the conversion and re-texturing job I realized that others may want this. So! I'm posting a couple pics here for your inspection. If you like it enough say so and I'll add it to the Downloads section here at SFM. VirtualKey08 and I have already discussed it and he's all for it- so now the final decision is YOURS! :)

Attached is the sample pic that came with the original version and two WIP pics created by yours truly with the converted version.

Only gonna make one slight correction to your announcement :)

SHE is all for it :)
  • Darth ZiggyDarth Ziggy0 Posts: 0Member
    Only gonna make one slight correction to your announcement :)

SHE is all for it :)

(recoils in horror) .....she...?
  • MadKoiFishMadKoiFish9841 Posts: 5,334Member
    no girls on teh internets! :p
    /me gives a doughnut to vk08 to go with the coffee.
    Cool another resource for me to utilize in renders. Is it in standard mats? or possibly MR?
    Each day we draw closer to the end.
  • biotechbiotech171 Posts: 0Member
    Its a nice model, I only have one question.

Where's the door?
    Koi knows me all too well :)
  • StarshipStarship466 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,978Member
    Looks like a very good conversion Jay! Welcome to the club. ;)
    Surelly itA’s a good resource for us all. Thanks for you and VK.
  • StarshipStarship466 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,978Member
    (recoils in horror) .....she...?

Yes, she. And a tallented girl, for sure. ;)
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    Nice, a very good model.

Still, where's the door?
    To answer the dorr question I looked at the original shuttles and there were n o doors visible on them either so my only thought is there's some sort of hatch somewhere...
  • NightShadowNightShadow10 Posts: 0Member
    My guess is that the window is also a canopy/egress hatch that lifts open. I'll post the ZIP file as soon as I'm able.

VK: Sorry about that. I honestly didn't know. Mea culpa. That said, Starship is right- you're VERY talented.
    My guess is that the window is also a canopy/egress hatch that lifts open. I'll post the ZIP file as soon as I'm able.

VK: Sorry about that. I honestly didn't know. Mea culpa. That said, Starship is right- you're VERY talented.

If i was truly upset you would have known, I find it to be semi-amusing sometimes :) and thank you for the complement, both you and Starship :)
    I'm guessing that the file needs to be approved by the site managers before it's official, but I've sent it up and posted it.

http://www.scifi-meshes.com/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=213
  • GuerrillaGuerrilla797 HelsinkiPosts: 2,868Administrator
    Meh. Who needs doors when you have transporters? :p

File approved. :thumb:
    Comco: i entered it manually in the back end
    Join our fancy Discord Server!
    Nightshadow, with your permission i'll post this up on Foundation as well :)
    Hey, it's still your mesh. Post away! :)
    And, to answer Madkoifish's question: it's all materials, no external textures applied. I made liberal use of Raytraced materials, too, with a slight reflective quality.
  • VALKYRIE013VALKYRIE013547 Posts: 1,473Member
    with your permission, i'll see if i can make a Maya conversion for it as well, since i can (supposedly) easily transfer it into maya!

EDIT: done.. nice and simple mesh for transfer!
  • MadKoiFishMadKoiFish9841 Posts: 5,334Member
    I was asking if it uses scanline materials or Mental ray materials arch mats etc. But I can now find out since it is approved dl

Door: Id say the glass hinges up.
    Each day we draw closer to the end.
    with your permission, i'll see if i can make a Maya conversion for it as well, since i can (supposedly) easily transfer it into maya!

EDIT: done.. nice and simple mesh for transfer!

I'd love to see it in Maya :)
    Just a quick note to everyone, a revision is underway, I'm cleaning up the mesh, and some changes were made to it by both myself and Al3D, so it's looking a little tighter and more symmetrical now.
    Ya mind telling Al that I'm still waiting on a copy of his Miranda when you next speak with him? :)

And, when you're done and if the changes are significant enough, I'll be more than happy to port that one over to MAX8 also.