Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DBeginnings of a future cityscape

FalinFalin0 Posts: 0Member
edited January 2011 in Work in Progress #1
Got this idea for a Giant future city ship, with areas that would look similar to a modern Urban street. so I decided to model one of the city "blocks" that would be on board, and seeing that it would need a transit system to move around the ship, I opted for a more traditional elevated train station for the horizontal moves and standard large capacity elevators for the vertical moves.

so I started with the center piece of the block, the elevated station, this is the 5th attempt and I really am liking the design, having minor difficulties with the stations doors for the train, but other than that, it's coming along nicely. it needs a few more things added, like the central staircase/support structure and a few external details to break up the smoothness and i might modify the ends of the car yet, but not sure, depends on if i want multi-car or just stick to one.

so here's my latest amateur building ;)

should start the actual block soon too, probably from the base of the station out.
87109.jpg
87110.jpg
Post edited by Falin on
Tagged:

• JennyJenny2 Posts: 0Member
    Wowsers! You might put some sort of floor under the train as well, for safety purposes. Otherwise, as the British say: "Mind the gap!"
  • FalinFalin0 Posts: 0Member
    it's pretty tight, with a slight underhang already, hard to see in those shots, here's a close up with the car doors open
    87111.jpg
    Nifty. I like it.

If this is a space ship, though, how does it provide gravity? Is this a "we've harnessed gravity" society, or are they spinning?
  • FalinFalin0 Posts: 0Member
    Initially it was for a spinning one, similar to B5, but then logistics of gravity and other things at the various levels started to give me a headache (this area is 5 stories tall, with some above and below it as well), so I've moved on to a more robust "harnessed gravity somehow" spaceship.
    Fair enough. It does simplify construction a great deal if gravity is more-or-less constant, and from the same direction. (Fun fact... gravity in different cities on Earth can vary as much as half a percent!)