Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DS.S. Gaul - Scavanged Parts Starship

Don't ShootDon't Shoot391 Posts: 117Member
edited January 2011 in Work in Progress #1
Ok, I know it's a strange idea but I'm pretty bored and I'm tired of trying to make up something new. So instead I'm gonna make something new out of all that is old.

The backstory is of a discharged admiral who had been kicked out of Starfleet for trying to cause a war between the Federation and the Romulans. Now, dedicated to his cause, he rounds up a crew of mercenaries and steals parts from dicommitioned starships at boneyards and builds himself a working vessel out parts from many different scrapped vessels.

It may looks a bit bizzare right now as a sketch but I'm sure that once I start putting the parts together it will look interesting. And the big advantage is that I'm not commited to any flowing shapes, which means that I can change the design as I go along.
For now the concept is this: Constellation class saucer joint by two Ambassador class nacelles connected with TOS Constitution class pylons and a refit Excelsior class secondary hull connected with a vulcan ship ring. And at the top a Miranda class torpedo launchers...

Again, it looks horrible now, but think ahead of the idea and try to imagine the finished battered ship made out of scraps.
Post edited by Don't Shoot on
Tagged:

• Dr LeeDr Lee2 Posts: 0Member
    interesting idea....
  • oldmangregoldmangreg198 Woodland Hills, CAPosts: 1,339Member
    Not a horrible idea. Although I would raise the Miranda style torpedo launchers since they would blow off the bridge, unless this one doesn't have a for torp launcher. I assume you will translate this to 3D? If not this needs to be in the 2D section.
    Your right to an opinion does not make your opinion valid.
  • Capt DaveCapt Dave0 Posts: 0Member
    Very cool.

I had a similar idea a while back. But the ship was actually made from several Critically damaged Miranda class ships.

5028986098_8c6b2ee393.jpg

However this ship was built by a renegade captain that became disenfranchised within the Federation over his stance on the prime directive and what he saw as "a social insanity of apathy and indifference toward life". His use of the ship almost causes a civil war withing the federation (at least in my story).