Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DTrekologist's Enterprise F Design

TrekologistTrekologist0 Posts: 0Member
edited January 2011 in Work in Progress #1
Hello All,

So I decided to enter Star Trek Online's... Design the Enterprise F contest.
Here is my design and submission that I uploaded to them at approximately 11:40 pm, around 20 minutes before the contest ended.

In thinking, this was always the concept I had in my mind for the next enterprise... back to a wider saucer, but with an elegant body..something that's sloooowly headed in the direction of Enterprise - J (ARRGH!)
I also wanted to create a ship that was a logical transition from the Sovereign class, yet it still captured the elegance of the Galaxy class starship. A few design notes: this ship's deflector is closer to the middle / front of the saucer section; channeled the 2009 Enterprise for the bussard ramscoop design. You'll also notice there is no bridge module... as the bridge is located somewhere in the command area at the top of the saucer, which is the round area at the top of the hull. Anyone who has seen my previous posts, knows that I have always thought that top mounted bridges are targets.. i.e. Nemesis.

I'm thinking the ship is also around 30 - 40 decks, and a little longer than the Enterprise E. The purpose of this ship is to return Starfleet back to its exploration roots...

I have learned quite a few new box modeling techniques in order to make a "working" secondary hull.

If you like, Please vote for my Enterprise Here, look for design entry 1411...
http://www.startrekonline.com/enterprise/gallery?filter=uploads

More Enterprise F pictures will be posted tomorrow. The ship is still very much a WIP, but I had to upload what I had before the competition ended. ;-) In short, the texturing still needs work on the saucer and secondary... and some of the components... i.e. impulse engines need to be moved, tweaked. There are also no phasers, photons added yet. Will be adding these soon, as I needed to get something up before the contest ended.

Would be interested to hear your thoughts on the overall design, save the texturing heheh...

Some of my other WIP's are visible here: http://www.scifi-meshes.com/forums/showthread.php?76039-Trekologist-s-Trek-WIP-s&highlight=trekologist
86780.jpg
Post edited by Trekologist on
Tagged:

• DannageDannage236 Posts: 634Member
    She certainly says "grace" more than speed. Yay for another F, good luck in the competition! :)
  • TrekologistTrekologist0 Posts: 0Member
    Dannage wrote: »
    She certainly says "grace" more than speed. Yay for another F, good luck in the competition! :)

Thank Dannage for the comments and luck wishes. I saw your enterprise F design as well, refreshing to see a new perspective on the ent.

I think u hit the nail on the head with regards to what I was trying to do with my design. I wanted to design an Enterprise that captures the space she's in, just like the "D", did for me. She always looked graceful... if not necessarily fast. The E was a different ship, very fast, very stealthy. This F is large, and definitely has a battlefield presence. She's also very fast but probably not the most maneuverable thing in the world... but she owns the sky :-D.
    More Enterprise F pics as promised! :thumb:
    86792.jpg86793.jpg86794.jpg
  • DannageDannage236 Posts: 634Member
    Since there's not much to progress with in WIP terms (Some may even suggest you should have put it in Calamity Si's Ent E gallery thread instead!) perhaps you should entertain us with some close ups on detail or, even better, some animations!
    Dannage wrote: »
    Since there's not much to progress with in WIP terms (Some may even suggest you should have put it in Calamity Si's Ent E gallery thread instead!) perhaps you should entertain us with some close ups on detail or, even better, some animations!

Lol I promise updates shortly.. Torpedo launchers and phaser banks in the works. I also need to fix the bottom of the top of the saucer.... as there are too many windows... Glad you are looking forward to seeing more though! :-) That's why its in the WIP section. I think an animation of this ship at warp would be pretty cool...