Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

2DDigital dilemma

Capt DaveCapt Dave0 Posts: 0Member
edited January 2011 in Work in Progress #1
I need to make this image
captfin.jpg
look like a hologram.

I have Gimp. any suggestions?
86716.jpg
Post edited by Capt Dave on

• JennyJenny2 Posts: 0Member
    Make it blue-scale and project it onto a plate of glass at a 45-degree angle to the camera. It's an old Disney trick.
  • salsasalsa171 Posts: 0Member
    It really depends on what you're going for. You should be able to do it using some creative application of the filters in gimp, namely gaussian blur and blinds.
  • DannageDannage236 Posts: 634Member
    Had a play in 2D first with paintshop. Few filters here and there and that also has a 'blinds' function.

Then figured if I made a large image, of this as a semi opaque plane in a 3D shape, you could then just edit all the stuff around it to add detail in. Third one not so happy with but was trying to get rid of the big square space in the background, as making it transparent didn't seem to get rid of the backing. Decided to 'pixellate' him. All this is the product of 25 minutes effort, so don't expect much! Did the two renders large, so you could play with them in detail as you wanted.
    86783.jpg86784.jpg
    Yeah, it converted my png to jpg... probably not good at handling 3Mb attachments... ping me your email address if you want the PNGs. :)
    86785.jpg
  • Capt DaveCapt Dave0 Posts: 0Member
    Umm, thanks... But, the image your working from isn't a source image, its just a thumb sent to me by the artist. But your illustrations have given me an idea of how to go about getting the effect I want.
    no worries. the effects was more important.