Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DTHe Enterprise F Bandwagon

bobafettbobafett0 Posts: 0Member
edited January 2011 in Work in Progress #1
Well I thought I would give it a try and this is what I have come up with so far.
My only concern is that it is 'too safe' - a logical step from the E to the J. When each Enterprise has been a amazing ship individually. My take seems to be just a blend.
I am starting another to see where it goes but here is my first attempt.
Here is my sketch as well as a quick 3d version to see how she looks.
Let me know what you think!
86502.jpg
86503.jpg
Post edited by bobafett on
Tagged:

• bobafettbobafett0 Posts: 0Member
    Another 2 views. The model is rubbish it was just to see how she looked from various angles.
    86504.jpg86505.jpg
  • oldmangregoldmangreg198 Woodland Hills, CAPosts: 1,339Member
    That's actually a pretty cool ship.
    Your right to an opinion does not make your opinion valid.
  • JennyJenny2 Posts: 0Member
    It isn't a bad ship, a't'all, a't'all. I seem to recall that Enterprise-C was created in just this way... Enterprise B and Enterprise D were laid out on a drawing board, the artist drew lines between the congruent points, and then designed a ship that would fit those points.

Of course, this could be a totally apocryphal story.

Anyway, this is a decent post-Voyager trek ship.
    Thanks for feedback! I am trying to think of how to make the design more suitable for ST Online. You know the more angular look whilst still trying to pay homage to the brilliant designs of Eaves, Drexler, Probert and Sternbach.
  • JennyJenny2 Posts: 0Member
    Don't forget Jefferies. :cool:
    Maybe have those indents on the saucer that the Sovereign-class has.
  • blackbird17blackbird170 Posts: 0Member
    This is by far the best Post-Nemesis Starship design that has come along in a long time. This design would be fitting to have the name U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701-F. Keep up the good work, the design looks great....keep at it your going in the right direction. Looking forward to more updates on the Enterprise-F and Good luck with the Enterprise-F design contest, I hope you win!!!
  • Dark AngelDark Angel331 Posts: 1Member
    Cool ship! More more more more more!!
  • LockeFPLockeFP171 Posts: 0Member
    If you really want to jump on the "bandwagon", why not actually post in the in the Enterprise F thread? Perfect place for this beauty . . .
  • DannageDannage236 Posts: 634Member
    This is still WIP.

Saying that, I wouldn't have objected to that first 2D pic going up in that thread. I think this is one of the most -enterprisey- designs I've seen and makes it a worthy successor to the title. She's a lot more 'correct' looking than mine or many of the new stranger concepts out there. Personally I love this. :)
  • Stevie_DStevie_D191 Posts: 155Member
    From behind she looks very dynamic! I love the way you've swept the secondary hull to the tight rear point and resisted the urge to go with the mainstream idea of having the nacelle wings take up that space. Having them further forward, while slightly detracting from its looks in the front view, REALLY gives it a sense of forward momentum in that last render you did.

A great start
    Thanks for all the compliments they are really appreciated.
    I had a second idea as well.
    Since The Enterprise J Looks like the NX-01 in hull configuration and I wasn't completely happy with my first attempt. I decided to use another iconic design from Star Trek as a basis of this idea. I always liked the look of the USS Grissom from 'The Search for Spock' so I went for the separated secondary hull idea...your thoughts?
    86515.jpg86516.jpg
    I would say fill in that empty spot in front of the saucer. Doesn't look right. Or just move back that piece on the front.
  • adjunct37betaadjunct37beta188 Seattle, WAPosts: 60Member
    really really interesting design, of all of the F submissions I've seen I like this one the best for sure. Balanced design, nice from multiple angles. Really good work!
    Thanks 37beta
    With this first design I was thinking it was too far towards the J. So at least with this recent idea you get the idea that in the Enterprise H or I - they would completely remove the secondary hull and the deflector pod (Defiant-esque)would become a permanent fixture in the saucer.
    Well thats my thinking anyway.
  • TrekMDTrekMD192 Posts: 639Member
    Very cool ship!
  • MelakMelak332 Posts: 0Member
    Really nice work dude, I like both versions a lot!

I thought the secondary hull on the first version had merit, but the reliant-ish nacelles-pod connection is very cool too.

I'm curious, how do you plan to submit your design, drawings?
    If you aren't planning on developing the model further than a proof-of-concept - would you possibly be cool with me giving it a shot?

I'd be happy to build the model with your input, or we could even collaborate.

If you've got something planned for the design, that's cool though :)
  • DannageDannage236 Posts: 634Member
    Ahh, you see that's the state I aspire to, making something cool enough so that someone with some talent pipes up and says "Hey' I'll have a go"... Sweet bliss.... Medjai did start on a mesh once and made me a beautiful model, but real life made him too busy. boooo hiss... :) This isn't a threadjack, it's making apoint about how good the design must be. :)
  • Phoenix_56Phoenix_56331 Posts: 0Member
    I like them both but the first is EPIC
    please more of both!!!!
  • publiusrpubliusr550 Posts: 1,747Member
    I really like how that secondary hull tapers down...
    Thanks for that...well after much deliberation I have chosen a design and am working on bringing it to life.