Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DMy entry for Future Enterprise

ZoxesyrZoxesyr332 Posts: 0Member
edited December 2010 in Work in Progress #1
I really enjoyed the Enterprise-F entries recently posted, so I animated my future Enterprise, which is way past "F" :lol:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4qiwCaUuf4

The small TOS enterprise is a free mesh I picked up off the old 3dCafe, and it was uncredited. If anyone knows the credits I'll add them.

This links to the specs page for the ship:
http://www.zoxesyrbautie.com/enterprise_aleph_null01.htm

here are the links that inspired me, thanks again for posting your work!:thumb:
http://www.scifi-meshes.com/forums/showthread.php?76890-Another-Enterprise-F
http://www.scifi-meshes.com/forums/showthread.php?76812-My-Enterprise-F-%28Seeing-as-Cyptic-won-t-let-me-enter-their-comp-I-ll-do-it-anyway!%29
86446.jpg
Post edited by Zoxesyr on
Tagged:

• colbmistacolbmista2 Posts: 0Member
    wth is tht?
  • Capt DaveCapt Dave0 Posts: 0Member
    Um...is this a ship or a plasma based space squid?
  • oldmangregoldmangreg198 Woodland Hills, CAPosts: 1,339Member
    Damn Metroids. Always getting in the way and now they have gone and made a starship. Samus, kill that thing already. :D
    Your right to an opinion does not make your opinion valid.
  • DannageDannage236 Posts: 634Member
    It's original! :) .. And a nice, if eye-jarring model. :)
  • lennier1lennier1913 Posts: 1,283Member
    Interesting approach.
    With the massive amount of energy coming from that thing it must have evolved from Janeway's hair dryer. ;)
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    Dear me. I feel reminded to the Realm of Dreams that the Traveller accidentially hurled the E-D. Such a ship would feel right there....
    But else, only the shape is (loosely) Trek, that's it.
  • mikalamikala176 Posts: 440Member
    Has an "Earth Final Conflict" look to it for me.
    Very different.
  • LonewriterLonewriter236 Posts: 1,078Member
    Sorry, I don't get it. Is that a ship or a space bug?
  • ZoxesyrZoxesyr332 Posts: 0Member
    :lol: thanks for the hilarious comments! I really appreciate them :lol:
    oldmangreg wrote:
    Damn Metroids. Always getting in the way...
    Now you will think twice about killing off all those brain bugs...
    lennier1 wrote:
    it must have evolved from Janeway's hair dryer.
    :rotflmao:Aha! That's the ticket!
    Aresius wrote:
    Realm of Dreams that the Traveller accidentially hurled the E-D
    Ooo! that's a cool idea!
    mikala wrote:
    Has an "Earth Final Conflict" look to it for me.
    wow! that's a high complement! Thanks!
    Capt Dave wrote:
    Um...is this a ship or a plasma based space squid?
    Lonewriter wrote:
    Is that a ship or a space bug?
    Yes, to both questions
  • DannageDannage236 Posts: 634Member
    They started a bad trend with bio neural gel packs clearly. This must just be the next extension. Take the organic gel packs, take the sentience-awarded hologrammes and AI lifeforms, mix in a touch of silicon avatar, a slice of traveller, a stray thought from farpoint station and you end up, with such a shippie looking shippe. :)
  • IronscytheIronscythe0 Posts: 0Member
    I actually saw this a while back and read the specs... it's out there, yes, but the concepts are pretty clever and the aesthetics are definitely unique. I don't know about the whole "expands to the size of the universe" thing, though. If it could do that, why would it need to travel through space at all? Then consider the people who made it, and what they're capable of. As Kirk said, "What does god need with a starship?"

Considering 31st century ships (like that one pod in Enterprise) can be larger on the inside, I'd imagine the exterior would just keep getting smaller and less "shiplike" as technology advances. Beyond that, considerations like form and function might become trivialized, and ships could look like anything at all. Like works of art rather than engineering.
  • JennyJenny2 Posts: 0Member
    Ironscythe wrote: »
    Considering 31st century ships (like that one pod in Enterprise) can be larger on the inside, (...) and ships could look like anything at all.

Like a phone booth, maybe. A blue phone booth.

No, that's just silly. ;)
    Ironscythe wrote:
    I actually saw this a while back and read the specs... it's out there, yes, but the concepts are pretty clever and the aesthetics are definitely unique.
    Thank you very much!
    Ironscythe wrote:
    I don't know about the whole "expands to the size of the universe" thing, though. If it could do that, why would it need to travel through space at all?
    It means that the passengers only have to take the 401st century version of the Turbo-elevator to get pretty much anywhere.
    Ironscythe wrote:
    Then consider the people who made it, and what they're capable of. As Kirk said, "What does god need with a starship?"
    I presume that they treat travel inside a universe the way Kirk would treat impulse travel between planets, or we in the 20th century might consider driving to the next block.
    Ironscythe wrote:
    Considering 31st century ships (like that one pod in Enterprise) can be larger on the inside, I'd imagine the exterior would just keep getting smaller and less "shiplike" as technology advances. Beyond that, considerations like form and function might become trivialized, and ships could look like anything at all. Like works of art rather than engineering.
    Or designs would be driven by needs that are not known to the 22nd, 23rd, or 31st centuries.
    Walkyrje wrote: »
    Like a phone booth, maybe. A blue phone booth.
    No, that's just silly. ;)

Hmm...I wonder what if the Time Lords joined the Federation by the 401st century?