Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DVtol

PanzerPanzer0 Posts: 0Member
edited December 2010 in Work in Progress #1
Custom VTOL craft I am creating for a matte painting i am creating, I made up the drawings from references. What I need help with is the amount of details and the materials. I am using Cinema 4d, and working at a fast pace (a few days to complete) so any feedback is welcomed, will be updating often.

Here is my progress after a couple days in the second image. Trying to figure out how to create more detail so i don't have to use big UVmaps instead using regular materials generated in cinema 4D
86162.jpg
86163.jpg
Post edited by Panzer on
Tagged:

• PagrinPagrin171 Posts: 0Member
    I've never used Cinema 4d, so I don't really know what its good or bad at, but In general a few half pipe greebles can do wonders for breaking up a flat surface and adding detail.
  • PanzerPanzer0 Posts: 0Member
    I am sorry, half pipe what? I am not familiar with those. Cinema 4D may not be as powerful as max, but it can do pretty good 3D, just can't handle the same immense level of detail as max or maya.
  • oldmangregoldmangreg198 Woodland Hills, CAPosts: 1,339Member
    Panzer wrote: »
    I am sorry, half pipe what? I am not familiar with those. Cinema 4D may not be as powerful as max, but it can do pretty good 3D, just can't handle the same immense level of detail as max or maya.

Mostly what a program can handle is also based on what machine you are using.
    Your right to an opinion does not make your opinion valid.
  • PagrinPagrin171 Posts: 0Member
    Sorry my bad there.
    Greeble is a term used for a piece of meaningless detail on a spaceship model. For example all the little blocks on a Star destroyer, or the Classic Galatica.
    Half pipe is a type of greeble, which is to say it looks like half a pipe on the side of your ship.
    Think of it as a pipe cut length wise and stuck onto the surface.