Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

Blender Mirroring question?

[Deleted User][Deleted User]11 Posts: 4,002Member
I got it to work one time, but now it won't work any more. I press control m, that tells me to select an axis, so I press x. It says mirror along x global. I press it again, and it says mirror along x local. I press it again, and it goes back to telling me to select an axis. I've tried hitting enter, control m again, practically everything I can think of and nothing works. I've tried doing it the long way and using the modifier bit, and that's all botched up, mirroring in some freaky ass direction that CERTAINLY isn't an axis.
I'm running Blender 2.5 Beta.
And this pisses me off SO BAD because I wanna make mechs, but making the legs without mirroring is an utter pain in the arse :P.
Post edited by Unknown User on

• LHammondsLHammonds0 Posts: 0Member
    You need to make sure that your 3D cursor is in the middle and your 1/2 mesh object is off to one side...such as to the right of the X-axis.

If you add a cube, edit is and subdivide once, then delete the left-hand verts so the cube is cut in half, exit edit mode and add the mirror modifier. It will default to the X axis and will work correctly because the object was split along the X axis. It is probably a good idea to enable the "Do Clipping" button as well.

Have fun,
    LHammonds