Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DAll my 3d stuff

AeriesAeries1 Posts: 0Member
edited January 2011 in Work in Progress #1
okie dokie so here I'll post all my 3d stuff, instead of flooding the forums with a billion topics. XD

First off, something I've been working on for the past day or two. A cannon... of some sort. I'm honestly not sure what I want to do with it. Maybe an offensive battery on a large ship? I can't seem to decide. Here's some pics.
86045.jpg
86046.jpg
86047.jpg
Post edited by Aeries on
Tagged:

• AlnairAlnair181 Posts: 255Member
    That's a cool looking design!
  • AeriesAeries1 Posts: 0Member
    Round two of the hull paneling. I've added a second layer of panels to the main base as well as around the cannon mounting to this base. I've added paneling to a couple empty spaces that really needed it as well. Unfortunately it seems I've caused some smoothing issues so I'll have to retriangulate them polies to sort that out... or something. XD

Any suggestions so far? :]
    86081.jpg
    Found another project I worked on AGES ago (I'm raiding my old files XD). It's a model of a Tachikoma idea I had forever ago. A moment ago, I changed the materials and added it's front arms... I'm really just playing.
    86536.jpg
  • HaturodHaturod0 Posts: 0Member
    I think your turret will be fine for point defense, if you tweak it a bit :) Looks like some kind of fast moving/tracking cannon to me :)
  • DannageDannage236 Posts: 634Member
    These both look pretty good. I think the screws on the cannon's battery panel are a bit big, but you know... :D

When you say no idea what to do with it, do you mean no idea for the rest of the model or no idea if you want to end up with an animation or poster etc?
    What I mean is, I really have no idea what I want to do with it in the larger scale of things, whether I'll incorporate it into a larger ship or structure, or use it for some animation experiments... I really dont know, but one idea, is maybe I'll use it for an SG-1 earth battleship similar to the Dauntless... Still, I'm really not sure.

Here's another little something I've just built from scratch today. It's a game model for the JJ-Verse Bonaventure. Yes, it's largely based on a model I've seen here on SFM, though obviously I've taken a slightly different approach, and as a game model, it won't be half as detailed as the artist's work I've based this from. (which, by the way, is absolutely stunning)

So here's my take on the JJ-verse Bonaventure.
    86644.jpg86645.jpg