Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

AnimationStar Trek III - Entering Spacedock 3D Animation

mylexmylex1015 Posts: 346Member
edited December 2010 in Finished Work #1
This is my new Trek Animation, Arriving at Spacedock in Star Trek III.

Some known movie shots are included but I also added something new.

For the control station shots I used the Mental Ray Renderer for the first time, to get realistic
windows reflections and reducing the flickering of the hair plugin.

This is for now a clean animation, I'm not sure if it needs additional post work because I like this look.

I'll thinking about

**Update**

This is a new render with some rework to lighting and textures and I added some sound effects

Enjoy Mylex

Entering Spacedock 720p

Entering Spacedock 1080p
85806.jpg
85807.jpg
Post edited by mylex on

• BuckaroohawkBuckaroohawk2 Posts: 0Member
    I left my thoughts about this video on YouTube, but they bear repeating here. Once again you've done amazing work and captured the majesty of the Enterprise perfectly. Great job, mylex!
  • TrekMDTrekMD192 Posts: 639Member
    Very nicely done! Thanks for sharing it!
  • trekkitrekki964 Posts: 1,415Member
    Very very god animation, i love it.

GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • libertyliberty0 Posts: 0Member
    Your animation is very good. But, the damage to the Enterprise looks like it nothing more than spray paint. Sorry to pick but just noticing.
  • mylexmylex1015 Posts: 346Member
    liberty wrote: »
    Your animation is very good. But, the damage to the Enterprise looks like it nothing more than spray paint. Sorry to pick but just noticing.

Yes you get it, it was only spray paint. I don't know why I have done this. But there are some other faults in there so I'll re-render some takes.

So what about these damages ?
    85832.jpg85833.jpg
  • Chris2005Chris2005679 Posts: 3,097Member
    mylex wrote: »
    Yes you get it, it was only spray paint. I don't know why I have done this. But there are some other faults in there so I'll re-render some takes.

So what about these damages ?

Looks nice to me.
    AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
    Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC 12GB
    1TB NVMe SSD, 2 x 1GB SATA SSD, 4TB external HDD
    32 GB RAM
    Windows 11 Pro
  • NCC70637NCC706370 Posts: 0Member
    Mylex love your animations EPIC !!! I noticed one thing the starbase, did you create it or find it online? I have seen a super accurate one here on the forums maybe hit them up and see if they would let you use it in your animation? Either way its not a big deal too me. Your work is absolutely perfect.
  • madmacsmadmacs0 Posts: 0Member
    WOW!! Great animation. I didn't want it to end. :thumb:

About the damage. I think you'll need to add some light animations (sparks or deck lights) as well or else it is lost against the darkness of the background where we would not be sure what we're looking at while the Enterprise is in motion.
  • mylexmylex1015 Posts: 346Member
    Thanks all for your comments

I made an update look at the opening post

mylex
  • deg3Ddeg3D0 Posts: 0Member
    Hey dude, I enjoyed that a lot (nice big rez too). Well done! :)

deg
  • Dr-TimelordDr-Timelord0 Posts: 0Member
    Please tell me you'll be doing the 'Stealing the enterprise' scene next?

Plz Plz Plz Plz Plz Plz Plz Plz lol
  • homerpalooza67homerpalooza67228 Posts: 1,892Member
    it looks great, but i have a few crits. Sense of scale and depth perception are way off - as the E approaches, it looks like she's aiming straight for the middle 'bulge' rather than the bay doors on top - it doesn't look right. Lighting can also be tweaked a bit here and there to make it look that much better. The 'cartoon' styling works great, and its an awesome animation, but if you can fix that it will look soo much better! (you could post it on CGtalk for some constructive crit as well)
  • IRMLIRML253 Posts: 1,993Member
    (you could post it on CGtalk for some constructive crit as well)
    I think you're likely to get ignored if you post trek work on CGTalk haha