Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DStarwolf

stfanboystfanboy67 Posts: 388Member
edited November 2016 in Work in Progress #1
While the excaliber is on hold due to my old hardware I decided to start on a project that was always close to my heart and sort of my own design. Starwolf. A spaceship that has a look of the Space Shuttle but bigger and more agressive looking. Most of the work will be on the interior until I can figure out how to make the exterior more apealing. She has five decks and lots and lots of goodies. She also has the paint job of a older lady that I love.
109460.jpg
Post edited by stfanboy on
Tagged:

• LockeFPLockeFP171 Posts: 0Member
    I like, although at the moment the exterior looks like a hack-and-slash of a space shuttle. The orthos are pretty good. I especially like the top view. What paint scheme did you base this off of?

As for the interiors, they look a bit bland, to be honest. I do like the last image, but it doesn't strike me the way something like the Enterprise bridge does, or even Galactica's CnC. The console colors is really what I'm figuring is my main issue. I've just never liked purple and green. Reds and blues would be what I would use. Of course: you're project, your rules!;)

How tall is that ceiling? Looks like crew members would either need to bend at the neck or bump their heads.
  • stfanboystfanboy67 Posts: 388Member
    Well this sucks the file got corrupted. So looks like this one is dead :mad:
  • LockeFPLockeFP171 Posts: 0Member
    All should remember to multisave! This is thy modeling commandment . . .
  • BuckaroohawkBuckaroohawk2 Posts: 0Member
    It isn't dead, you'll just have to start over from scratch. Frustrating, yes, but it will also give you the opportunity to make improvements where you might need to. Glass half full, eh?
    LockeFP wrote: »
    All should remember to multisave! This is thy modeling commandment . . .

You know I did that with the Excalibur but didn't do that with this project. DOH!!!!!!!!!!!
    It isn't dead, you'll just have to start over from scratch. Frustrating, yes, but it will also give you the opportunity to make improvements where you might need to. Glass half full, eh?

Yeah brought the lady back to life. As you can see got alot ahead of me. Mostly got the front done. I probably add a little more detail later. Also . I got the basic shape down. I think the next step is to work on the wings,tail and clean up the nose a little.
    91008.jpg91009.jpg
  • publiusrpubliusr550 Posts: 1,747Member
    Good work on a great design.
    publiusr wrote: »
    Good work on a great design.
    Thanks publiusr. :) Got the wings and tails done for now. Next the Impulse engine housings near the upper tale and the intakes on the main wings. Yes you heard me right about the impulse engines. Time dialation is still a pain in the arse. Even if you go below the speed of light.
    91075.jpg91076.jpg
    2.jpg 53.5K
    3.jpg 207.6K
    Upper Engine Housings and Intakes finished. Now going to start on the EVA Bay.
    91149.jpg
    4.jpg 253.7K
  • PagrinPagrin171 Posts: 0Member
    She's coming along nicely. I like the changes to the nose section, you've made with the rebuild.
  • ArmondikovArmondikov0 Posts: 0Member
    Nice. With a name like "Starwolf" I immediately thought of a space version of "Airwolf" and started playing theme tune in my own head. It's got a great shape to it as a "shuttle but even cooler" type craft.

Those tail bits coming off the main wings at the back are interesting. I like them because they give it a really unique silhouette, especially on the plan mock up on the first post, but on the model itself they look tacked on and out of place. It's probably just be that the smooth shading is a little too extreme and just emphasising that it's a different part.
    Armondikov wrote: »
    Nice. With a name like "Starwolf" I immediately thought of a space version of "Airwolf" and started playing theme tune in my own head. It's got a great shape to it as a "shuttle but even cooler" type craft.

Thats exactly what it is. :D. I even made a Logo for the Lady. Its a scanned drawing I did back in High School. So this Design Has been in my head for almost 15 years. I plan on cleaning it up later. Armond are you talking about the Tails coming off the back or the winglits on the tips of main wings?
    91154.jpg
  • ArmondikovArmondikov0 Posts: 0Member
    The wings sections coming off the back. You can see where the smoothing seems to just terminate suddenly so it doesn't look like they're properly attached.
    They are and they are seperate from the wings. The are apart of the FTL drive. They open up when in use.
    91184.jpg91185.jpg
    Body is Finished Now on to the detailing, YAY!!!!!! :runs:
    91283.png91284.png
    5.png 27.8K
    6.png 197.9K
    Here is the belly pulse cannon with turret. There is another one directly on top.
    91310.jpg91311.png
    Interesting design. Are these going to pop out from a small hatch?
    Yeah they are i'm working on those now.
    Coloring finished for the hull. Starting to work on the rear.
    91418.png91419.png91420.png
    7.png 35.8K
    8.png 191.7K
    9.png 206.3K
    You might want to change the color of the background for your renders so we can see it a little better. But at least I can see the hatches now. :-)
    Here are a few Orthos. Man I have a long ways to go until this looks decent. :(
    91727.png91728.jpg91729.png91730.png
  • colbmistacolbmista2 Posts: 0Member
    i like the color scheme
  • BorklessBorkless171 Posts: 0Member
    uhh... aren't the colors upside down? Every space ship I've ever seen has the black on the bottom.

Unless you plan on the ship re-entering on its back. Which would be pretty cool now that I think about it...
    Borkless wrote: »
    uhh... aren't the colors upside down? Every space ship I've ever seen has the black on the bottom.

Unless you plan on the ship re-entering on its back. Which would be pretty cool now that I think about it...

Hehehe, Yes it would be. This is not a space shuttle. Sure it looks like one but thats where the similarities end. Its a lot bigger, Has a FTL drive, defensive forcefields, and has its own gravity/anti- gravity on board. There is no need for it to re-enter a atmosphere at the speeds spaceshuttles do. If it did have to go at those speeds it would use its shields. Thats why you see a grid on its hull.
  • TovetteTovette5 Posts: 13Member
    See, that's the kind of shuttle we should have had...
    I so wanted to start on the interior so I decided to do a test on the consoles on the command deck. What do you guys think of this one and my first try on the consoles? They are on the first page of this thread BTW.
    91846.jpg91851.jpg
  • Boy GeniusBoy Genius0 Posts: 0Member
    look great

can't wait to see more
  • Boy GeniusBoy Genius0 Posts: 0Member
    Just an suggestion, the screens they are a bit dim, more light would be better (not to much not to little) and make the interior more lighten, and the walls colour a bit more yellowish, like in the star trek movies, the bridge and other decks are always light fully (and so are the real space shuttles)

Just an suggestion

BG
    I'm working on that with more detail been busy lately. Thanks BG.
    Well taking a break from starwolf I'll be back at it tomorrow. Been wanting to make my Earth. I hope I did alright.
    92214.jpg92215.jpg92216.jpg