Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DTron-style UAV airdrone

[Deleted User][Deleted User]11 Posts: 4,002Member
edited November 2010 in Work in Progress #1
hello, this is my last work.
after some experience with textures i choosed to build models with materials integrated in the mental ray engine, like carpaint, metal and other adv.
well... this is the resoult, maybe this is most an effects model than a phisical moldel. without glow it is really ugly.

This is an UAV called Airdrone (no fantasy in this name...)
it is inspired by Tron legacy, a film, the sequel of the famous TRON, maybe you remember the lightcycle, this film will be out soon in cinemas.

i will make a finished work, so i need a video... for make a good video i need a shenery... and here i need help and a lot of opinions.

PS this model is really heavy, for render a screenshot in 1920x1080 closeup at the weapon it require 1.20 min on my sys...

Take a look on this little video!

images 1920x1024 !3x light bounces!:
upper view
009fw.th.jpg
the main weapon
008mz.th.jpg
rear engine view
007lh.th.jpg
the main weapon again
006th.th.jpg
005nyk.th.jpg
Post edited by Unknown User on
Tagged:

• LockeFPLockeFP171 Posts: 0Member
    Huh. While it isn't exactly a very pretty design, the glows and colors are very nice. What types of material settings do you use?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    well... i'm using mental ray's Glow(lume); paint material(mi) with fakes; Pro materials:metallic paint -glossy
    if you want i can post all settings, but they are pretty intuitive. mainbody fakes are blue, all basecolor of car paint is black.
    well... i'm prety unshure abouth the design too, it's too much fat right? and the delta wings are too big?
    i will try some other wing design now...
    new air intake
    012pn.th.jpg
    wing view from back and new exhaust pipes
    014qj.th.jpg
    complete view
    013wht.th.jpg
    from front, the wing
    011vv.th.jpg

the gun (smaller) and reflections from mainbody
    015xta.th.jpg

changelog the main body is more round and thin. rear exhaust needles are longer (i like it) Front air intage has got 2 lights internals for special effects.
    main wings are more like a rocket. main weapons are smaller.

some opinions abouth this? what about adding 2 rocket booster using particles? any nice effect i can reach via some instructionsr?
    tank you
    after this time i bought another pc for a family member, it's a Phenom II X4, well, it is not soo fast as my big i7 but as distributed rendering it can help a lot!
    my model had some new little things, like smoke... i really wish to add an "air hot" effect behind the engine.Shat blur is possible directly in 3ds max?
  • colbmistacolbmista2 Posts: 0Member
    renown wrote: »
    after this time i bought another pc for a family member, it's a Phenom II X4, well, it is not soo fast as my big i7 but as distributed rendering it can help a lot!
    my model had some new little things, like smoke... i really wish to add an "air hot" effect behind the engine.Shat blur is possible directly in 3ds max?

google volumetric engine max tutorials renown it will show you what you want to do
  • somacruz145somacruz1450 Posts: 0Member
    Well you can fake it by adding a cylinder with a noise and wave modifier. Apply a noise map to it an a raytraced transparent material (arch&design would be nice but it slows down things a bit).
    Oh and I agree that the glows are looking nice - good job :thumb:
    new stuffs, a scenery is appearing

018ol.th.jpg

019ga.th.jpg

020kk.th.jpg

021ko.th.jpg
    in this last photo he is shooting something...

well.. i will try for the cylinder method... seems really complex...but what is the resoult? i want only a little distorsion of light
    i know how a volumetric light work and a particle jet engine... and unfortunately it is too much...