Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

2DU.S.S. Farragut

captainkirkcaptainkirk171 Posts: 0Member
edited February 2011 in Work in Progress #1
This is a pre-TOS era design from about 2250. It still needs some work and perhaps some more details. The ship is about 225 metres long and 11 decks high. Unfortunately I'm not the most experienced vector artist and don't have very good vector software on my computer (I had to use OpenOfiice Draw) so I may end up remaking it in another program.
85178.png
85179.png
85180.png
85181.png
85182.png
Post edited by captainkirk on
Tagged:

• James MidsenJames Midsen62 Posts: 0Member
    I like the idea. And it looks good, I'm trying to figure out what the blue things on the end of the nacelles are though.
  • DannageDannage236 Posts: 634Member
    My guess on the blue things is having nacelles of the JJ-prise/Kelvin style. Giant blue star destroyer boosters on the back of nacelles. Sure some of us fanboys think it's a crime suggesting these things are rockets, but it makes the nacelle more identifiable to those 'normal' people out there, that unfortunately need to come see these movies to make the money for the studios. :D
  • captainkirkcaptainkirk171 Posts: 0Member
    The blue things are some kind of plasma vent or something like that. Perhaps something like the blue grilles on the later ships. Since I first posted this I have remade everything so it is now more detailed.
    85602.PNG85603.PNG85604.PNG85605.png85606.PNG
  • [Irishman][Irishman]177 Posts: 117Member
    It's a good idea and a solid start you've got here. I hope you continue to refine it and flesh it out.
  • wminsingwminsing171 Posts: 0Member
    A fine looking design, good layout and the details are coming along nicely.

-Will