Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DStar Trek TOS Romulan Shuttlecraft

MateenMateen331 Posts: 0Member
edited September 2010 in Work in Progress #1
I've never actually posted a mesh here so I though I needed to remedy this. So here are a few renders of my latest mesh. It's a Star Trek TOS Romulan Shuttlecraft / Fighter. It's armed with a small Plama Torpedo launcher and a pair of wing mounted Phasers.

It's modeled in 3D Studio Max 2009. Hope you all Like it.

Regards Mateen
84710.jpg
84711.jpg
84712.jpg
84713.jpg
Post edited by Mateen on
Tagged:

• FlankerFlanker0 Posts: 0Member
    Interesting design. It really has the TOS feel to it. I think the torpedo launcher is slightly overpowering the vessel, it will suck up quite a lot of power as well. Even so good job and curious what you will post more.
  • MateenMateen331 Posts: 0Member
    I'm assuming that the shuttle can only carry on plasma torpedo, pre-loaded before it leaves it's ship or base. It has enough power to hold and fire the torpedo but not enough to make one.
  • peppermanpepperman0 Posts: 0Member
    Is the embedded Romulan logo correct for a TOS ship?
  • BuckaroohawkBuckaroohawk2 Posts: 0Member
    I don't mind seeing the TNG Romulan Empire symbol on a ship meant for the TOS era. Since we never saw a real symbol for the Romulans in any TOS episode, one could easily conjecture that they've been using it for a very long time. Anyway, it's so cool looking, why not show it off?

I like how the ship looks, but I suggest ditching the hull paneling. I look at the smaller Trek spacecraft much like today's cars; they are likely painted, so you wouldn't see any difference in shine or specularity on their hulls. There may be some panel lines where separate parts are joined together, but they wouldn't have the kind of plating you see on the larger ships. just my two nickels.
    I am pretty comfortable with using the later Romulan logo. As you say the original series did not clearly show a logo. I do have an Animated Series logo I may try out. It's similar to the yellow/orange wing designs. I also agree with the point BuckarooHawk made about the panelling, it's just being used here to break up the flat green a bit really.
  • Lizzy777Lizzy7771268 PNWPosts: 759Member
    There's a Romulan logo behind a Romulan in one TOS episode. I don't remember the episode, but I do remember what it looks like.
    "Cry 'Havoc!,' and let slip the corgies of war!"
  • StarshipStarship466 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,977Member
    Are you the same Mateen from the old Wolfpack? :) Welcome onboard!

The "old" romulan looks interesting. Will you be building the interiors too?
    Yeah I know that logo. To be honest I just don't like it very much :)
    Yes I am the Mateen from the Wolfpack. Still doing 3d when I get the time. I am planning on building the interior for this shuttle as well...
    Mateen wrote: »
    Yeah I know that logo. To be honest I just don't like it very much :)

I don't blame you. It just doesn't seem to say "Star Empire," like the raptor gripping Romulus and Remus in its talons. It seems more like a color test pattern for old TVs!
  • BuckaroohawkBuckaroohawk2 Posts: 0Member
    Lizzy777 wrote: »
    There's a Romulan logo behind a Romulan in one TOS episode. I don't remember the episode, but I do remember what it looks like.

I don't think I've ever noticed that symbol before. I'll have to review the episodes to see if I can spot it. Can't say I'm a big fan of it, either. It looks to me like a variation of the Klingon symbol more than anything else. I wonder which came first?
    I don't think I've ever noticed that symbol before. I'll have to review the episodes to see if I can spot it. Can't say I'm a big fan of it, either. It looks to me like a variation of the Klingon symbol more than anything else. I wonder which came first?

I should have guessed. It was briefly seen in The Enterprise Incident.
    http://www.ex-astris-scientia.org/inconsistencies/old_emblems.htm