Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3Dsome original desing for testing texturing techniques

vicvipervicviper0 Posts: 0Member
edited October 2010 in Work in Progress #1
I've been working a lot with texturing techiniques latelly.

I modeled a lame low poly spaceship (probably 2 hours expent on it) , and then most of the work went with the texturing.

The result is surprisingly good, so I decided to post it here.
84681.jpg
84682.jpg
84752.jpg
84753.jpg
84754.jpg
Post edited by vicviper on
Tagged:

• YIIMMYIIMM179 Posts: 96Member
    It has a really concept art feel to it; nice effect.
  • Dr.SleepDr.Sleep0 Posts: 0Member
    wow, that texture technique reminds me Borderlands cartoon engine :D Looks great!
  • vicvipervicviper0 Posts: 0Member
    Hi

I've made some updates to the model and the textures; I was not planing to keep going on this one, but I found some parts of it a bit intriguing, and decided to go with it.

It's loosely based on design concepts of Chris Foss, but it's also basically an egg with some extrusions, I really didn't expend too much time on the geometry.

Hope you all like it!
    84890.jpg84891.jpg84892.jpg
  • CoolhandCoolhand287 Mountain LairPosts: 1,296Member
    lol i was totally thinking 'foss'

i think the colours are a little washed out, and the black outlines are too much - doesn't help that the rest of the texture is quite pale... Room for improvement, but i like it.
  • vicvipervicviper0 Posts: 0Member
    I've done a final iteration, and I think I'm happy with it. I've tried to make the black lines a bit thinner, and the colors less pale, but I think part of the problem is I'm taking screenshots from a realtime renderer which has a lot of light burn.

I could keep pouring detail into the textures, but this was an experiment after all !

Hope you like the final result!

Cheers
    84930.jpg84931.jpg84932.jpg84933.jpg