Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DST Shuttle

SnowCrashSnowCrash191 Posts: 279Member
edited August 2016 in Work in Progress #1
Feels like forever since I posted. Here's my current WIP. About 80% complete now as I need to finish off the underside and may add a little details to the nacelle mounts. Interior needs a little further work but I am not going to push it too much further.
110968.jpg
Post edited by SnowCrash on
Tagged:

• EndeavourEndeavour331 Posts: 0Member
    That's a neat-looking design you've got going there. I look forward to seeing more. :thumb:
  • JayruJayru1466 UKPosts: 771Member
    Very nice. I'll echo the above statement: looking forward to seeing more.
    The watcher in the tower... Waiting, hour by hour...
    - Mike Oldfield
  • SnowCrashSnowCrash191 Posts: 279Member
    Actually managed to post out of date renders. Here's a couple of fresh ones. The hex grid needs to be redone and have a different texture (dunno how that happened). Top is pretty much finished here.
  • B.J.B.J.1 Posts: 0Member
    I really like the overall lines on that shuttle! It looks to me like a partial blend between the styles of Probert's Type 7 and the more angular Type 6 shuttles.
  • NightShadowNightShadow10 Posts: 0Member
    Very sleek design here, SC. I'm not too crazy about the greebly-like bits on the outer hull, though- they look a little too pronounced IMHO. That said, I'm sure that by the time you're done with this thing those will blend in perfectly with everything else and won't be so noticeable. Question: are you doing this in MAX or another software?
  • AeriesAeries1 Posts: 0Member
    I adore this shuttle! It reminds me of something that Dj Cutris' 25th century ships would launch. :]
  • BERmaestroBERmaestro2 Posts: 0Member
    this is cool, i love this shuttle, the interior is perfect... good job developing that shuttle
  • MadKoiFishMadKoiFish9920 Posts: 5,337Member
    O_o it is alive! lol haven't seen you around in ages. Sweet shuttle. Are these for that medical ship you were working on the last time you posted?
    Each day we draw closer to the end.
  • Elokim-SupremeElokim-Supreme171 Posts: 0Member
    superb work!
  • TrekMDTrekMD192 Posts: 639Member
    That looks very nice! Good job!
  • shipfishershipfisher371 Posts: 115Member
    RAF-MX breathed new life into the TOS shuttlecraft - You've done the same for the TNG era with this beauty. It looks like a type 6 morphed with a type 7 shuttlecraft and looks better than both. Nice. :thumb:
    @NightShadow Modelled in Max and rendered with VRay. The 'greebles' are a seperate layer so I can change them if necessary. Main problem is the material they use which I will play around with.

@MadKoiFish The old medical ship is still in the works. I started this with that ship in mind but, as the point of the shuttle was to learn how to use edge loops properly, I think I'll end up radically redesigning that ship. I have some test hulls I'll post later by way of an example.

@EveryoneElse Thanks for the kind words. Hopefully I'll post some more wokr of the next couple of days (probably weeks :))
  • Elokim-SupremeElokim-Supreme171 Posts: 0Member
    SnowCrash - can you please show the Vray parameters which you used and the material settings of the hull?
    @Elokim-Supreme VRay setup is standard linear workflow with indirect illumination low preset. 2 Vray lights from above (3600 & 6500 temperatures at 5.0 multiplier). Also using a light from below while working on the underside of the mesh. Material is nothing special as you can see.
  • HellsgateHellsgate0 Posts: 8Member
    Interesting, though the hulls look so "plastic" I thought they were real life modeler collector's items on e-bay.
  • FreakFreak1090 Posts: 4,361Member
    Very Nice and good to see you back.
    Completely off topic but here's a few images of the test hulls I have been playing with. Really nothing more than getting a feel for shape and polyflow. Serious attempts will come later :)
  • rdudarduda332 Posts: 0Member
    Shuttle ROCKS!!!!
    A bit of progress over lunch. Feeds for the phasers done. Power conduit to nacelles complete. Aux fusion gens in place. Just needs a few more details and it will be complete I think. Someone mentioned an ejectable core on this. Decided it's just too small to make that workable with this configuration. As it is I'd need to make up some pretty impressive flow diagrams to validate the placement of "stuff" (great I am now justifying fiction hardware.....) Also noted the core needs a rebuild.
  • Phoenix9000Phoenix90000 Posts: 0Member
    Great work here :) Am really digging the design.......blends Voyager's Types 8 & 9 quite nicely, without looking too 'outlandish' like the E-E's shuttle from Insurrection
    Reworked the geometry of the grills and adjust textures for both grills and bussard. Geometry still needs a little work to resolve the unwanted highlights. Bussard may need to be slightly more transparent - i'm not sure yet.
    That's a great looking nascell.
  • japetusjapetus2981 SeattlePosts: 1,403Member
    Nice work! Really like the greebling on this. I've always liked the personal manned shuttle craft in star trek. I'm excited to see how his goes! Beautiful renders as well! Off topic, but you gonna get VRay 2.0 when it comes out? VRay RT will be included! woohoo!
    @japetus VRay 2.0 does look impressive. Chaosgroups work on RT GPU rendering will be an interesting step forward!

Bottom is pretty much finished now. Materials still need work but mesh is mostly done. Last part is the rear which I am currently struggling with - to the extent I may restart the mesh completely to iron out the problems.
  • StarshipStarship472 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,981Member
    Looks very good !
  • publiusrpubliusr555 Posts: 1,753Member
    One of the very best shuttle designs ever.
    Didn't realize I hadn't posted a "finished" shot. I have stopped work on this now and it will be a fully rebuild if i ever restart it. Certainly good enough to populate shuttle bays as it currently stands tho...

Attachment not found.
  • FlankerFlanker0 Posts: 0Member
    Looking wonderful and will be indeed a well detailed shuttle for scenery
    Very Nice
  • meugen06meugen06334 Posts: 5Member
    Nice indeed.