Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DNew Project, sketchup star trek starship building kit

Soran77Soran770 Posts: 0Member
edited September 2010 in Work in Progress #1
going for a different approach now on this thread.. this is the adamnts sistership devotion
84560.png
Post edited by Soran77 on
Tagged:

• Soran77Soran770 Posts: 0Member
    Got three nacelles done and colored
    84518.png
  • BorgManBorgMan209 DutchlandPosts: 581Member
    Allright, what you need is to break down everything you want. Make a list of the different components you want to have and how detailed you're willing to go. If you're going all the way down, you need your components to be set up so that they can accomodate that kind of detail. Next, and don't take this as an attack, but the only viable nacelle you've just produced is the one with the blue warp grille, which really has potential. The others are not in the style of Starfleet, so much even that I thought that you made interiors for a nacelle when I saw that you meant them to be nacelles themselves. So if you want my advice: ditch them in favor of other shapes, unless you want to scale them down, make them shorter and use them as bussard collectors; in that case they're just fine.

Next: components already in my posession. I've got a lot of them lying around. Shapes like the nacelle I made for my abramsverse NX-1000 are complex and big but very detailed. Stuff like walls for corridors are in my collection as well. I'm willing to share, but I need a platform where I know that I'm going to be credited for the components I made. Experience has learned me that the 3D warehouse is simply not the way to distribute stuff if you want to know for sure that people honor your work...
  • publiusrpubliusr550 Posts: 1,747Member
    Maybe a visit here might help:
    http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=48199 Neale might like for his shapes to grow.
  • sojournersojourner0 Posts: 0Member
    ^Vance works in 2d and primarily with TOS/TMP components.
  • Soran77Soran770 Posts: 0Member
    Borgman I think you are right and I am deciding to go for a TOS Styled theme.. I like that era more than the others and it willo probably be easier
  • StarshipStarship466 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,977Member
    IA’m with Borgman about the naceles. The third has potential, but the other two not. I donA’t want to sound rude, but the first one looks like a lightsaber in fact. :)

I started to paly with sketch up this weekend, and I believe it has to much potential. In fact, I built a hull in sketchup and later exported it to max, just to see how it goes, and all is working very fine. Later, I did the inverse: max --> sketchup and, in this case, I got a lot of vertices and edges more than exists in the original mesh. :)
    I still need to figure how to do a lot of things in sketchup, but appears the modelling job can be faster than in max, and that a few things can be done in a easy way than in max. LetA’s see how the project evolves.

Hey Borgman, I beleive IA’ll need to ask you a few things later. :D :D