Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

2DUss Kelvin battlescreen

LandingZoneLandingZone1 Posts: 0Member
edited November 2010 in Work in Progress #1
Well I have become a bit more pro in art's since the last time I posted. This is a tribute to the USS Kelvin's last stand against the Narada. I just note I like this ship much more than the new Enterprise. Call me old fashionated, but the new ships in the movie gave me a stomach spin. The Kelvin it self tough reminded me a bit more to the old movie's.

I put the thing in chronological order, it show how I planned and put this picture together. Reference used: I looped the part from the movie again and again to see how the ship looks. Tough it would have been easier to just come here and look for references. :doh:
84263.jpg
84264.jpg
84265.jpg
Post edited by LandingZone on

• AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    I hear you on the Kelvin. It reminded me to an upside-down version of the Akula-class. Nice work here.
    You could say the Kelvin is the last of the original timeline, somehow. Nice work, though I'm not sure I know what those cloud-like thingies are. Are they explosions (both on the hull and the torpedoes in space), or what?
  • LandingZoneLandingZone1 Posts: 0Member
    Yes kinda like the Akula just with one nacelle. I liked those vessels more. The cloud like thing will be explosions when done.
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    Ah, okay. Looking forward here. :)
  • bagera4000bagera4000251 Posts: 1,516Member
    vary cool
  • IronscytheIronscythe0 Posts: 0Member
    The Kelvin was definitely a nice-looking ship (at least on the outside) but I still can't wrap my brain around the fact that it launched upwards of 20 shuttles.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    Well she is said to carry a total of twenty-six. Two sides of the bay mean of course thirteen per side, and this doesn't allow for empty bays for other shuttles/large probes to be carried.

No, my problem isn't with the design, but with the total crew that left(survived) to escape.
  • LandingZoneLandingZone1 Posts: 0Member
    Nick R. wrote: »
    Well she is said to carry a total of twenty-six. Two sides of the bay mean of course thirteen per side, and this doesn't allow for empty bays for other shuttles/large probes to be carried.

No, my problem isn't with the design, but with the total crew that left(survived) to escape.

Actually that what I also don't liked about it. All 800 crew member got away, with those shuttles, even if we saw them explode, float out to space, stuck under debris, etc. It was told many times in the movie, tough I think those shuttles only able to carry 10 people or such. Thats only 260 people out of 800. :D If we take the double number than its only 520. The rest 320 was could have used life boats... but there isn't any on the ship so far as I know. I only saw the excelsior class redesign a similar hull type which had escape pods hidden under the primary hull, but I'm sure the Kelvin don't had such. :D I big glitch in the story. Magicaly every one was saved!!! In the other side there is the Vulcan problem. The Vulcan's couldn't save more of their kind from the planet, than few houndred or such. Even if we know from the Enterprise series that they had many LARGE vessels. Many. I do believe that most got destroyed by the Narada, but still even on the planet surface they should have been plenty of small ship or even bigger. The narada may can lunch many torps, but it still unlikely that it could have wiped out so many ship that only the enterprise was left. Not to mention the planets other side where I would have hide from a vessel which can be overcome. Logic would dictate to my to go behind my planet and save all I can. Star trek 2 warth of kan it worked well for the enteprise to hide behind the moon. :P