Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DHovertank

Mach CritMach Crit0 Posts: 0Member
edited September 2010 in Work in Progress #1
OK, been a long time since I last posted. I've been busy, but haven't done much in the way of modeling.

Hope you like it so far.
Hovertank.jpg
Hovertank-bak.jpg
Mach :thumb:
84247.jpg
84248.jpg
Post edited by Mach Crit on
Tagged:

• meugen06meugen06334 Posts: 5Member
    Nice one.You should lengthen the tank,and holes wich is their role?
  • Mach CritMach Crit0 Posts: 0Member
    Holes will be for the hover engines (fans in armored nacelles. Plated fan covers, etc).
  • StonecoldStonecold331 Posts: 0Member
    Isn`t it too backward-balanced? I mean both turret and engine (?) are located on the back. Also, isn`t it too huge for a tank?
  • jedi44jedi440 Posts: 0Member
    Looks cool,like to see more,thanks for posting.
  • MihoshiMihoshi0 Posts: 0Member
    If that cannon has any kind of recoil, put it in the center of the turret face!

It's a HOVER tank. You don't want it dealing with off-center recoil, it'll throw the tank any which way. If you'd made a grav tank it would be an excusable (barely) mistake, but hover engines, by virtue of displacing air, have a reaction lag.
    The turret itself is off-center. The cannon is along the centerline of the tank body. However, I figure if we have the technology to float a 150 ton tank on an air cushion (and all the power generation that implies) then recoil compensation would probably be handled as well. Same goes for the rear mounted engine and turret.

The tank is big. It's huge. I added some folks (refugees from the Blue Man Group) to give an idea of size.

Hovertank-scale.jpg

ALso made the fan covers. I'm not sure I like the front partials...
    84273.jpg
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    Hammer's Slammers?
    I've drawn alot of ideas from Hammer's Slammers (gotta combat car on here somewhere), but I am not sure this truly qualifies as such. There is plate armor on this tank and the Slammer's tanks are supposed to be cast of a single hull of Iridium. I guess this beast could fight in the Slammers universe.
    Here's a little more work, some balance and better posed little blue men for scale.
    84547.jpg