Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DSerenity by name only

metalsnakemetalsnake5 Posts: 0Member
edited February 2011 in Work in Progress #1
So guys another model almost done and this one is my very first fighter Named the "Serenity Starfury" no it has nothing to do with babylon 5 however and this is where it gets a little interesting

one day i was replacing cockpit textures on a thunderbolt starfury a x-wing and a old bsg viper
making them more see through which would hopefuly get reflected ingame :)

and suddenly i started wondering what would they look like as one ship

this is how it went
83922.jpg
83923.jpg
83924.jpg
83925.jpg
Post edited by metalsnake on
Tagged:

• JWWrightJWWright171 Posts: 0Member
    Kitbashing is a fine old tradition among model makers, and this one you're putting together is kick ass. Keep at it!
  • MelakMelak332 Posts: 0Member
    Nice, please do keep at it :)
  • strangemanstrangeman0 Posts: 0Member
    A promising start, I like the design a lot. Keep us updated
  • ArmondikovArmondikov0 Posts: 0Member
    That would be one unholy hybrid of awesome!
  • metalsnakemetalsnake5 Posts: 0Member
    well its nice to see positive comments like the ones you guys left and as for this unholy hybrid of awesomeness it has a few updates now :)

i finally added the cockpit canopy the land gear and a laser gun in the style of a minigun for alittle fun hehe

still wanting more i plan to add some details on the back section on top and on the back faces of the main body, missle launchers or rocket pods will be added when i decide where to put them and in due time i will be adding a detailed cockpit anyhow heres some renders to drool over :)
    83938.jpg83939.jpg83940.jpg
    okies not much of an update on this one but made a start on the rocket pods and missile launcher supports hope you like it more to follow tomorrow
    83942.jpg
  • HaturodHaturod0 Posts: 0Member
    metalsnake wrote: »
    okies not much of an update on this one but made a start on the rocket pods and missile launcher supports hope you like it more to follow tomorrow

First of all, nice work!

I like you missile launch system, but judging from the previous renders and the last one, aren't the missiles kinda thin? Comes across to me that judging from the cockpit size they are the size of thick brances, which is kinda thing for a missile from my point of view :)
    the last render shown is the rocket pod, as most know these rockets are usually unguided and therefore dont need to be very large i've been working on the missiles and just have to add there support hopefully they'll be a little more to scale will drop a render in later for your C&C

:edit: added the renders let me know what you think
    83952.jpg83953.jpg
  • blazecreatorblazecreator0 Posts: 0Member
    nice from the looks of it, those engines seem to move positions alot in ya renders, are they on movable arms for different configurations?

Nice design overall, however I'd say the missiles detailing needs a bit more work maybe a smoothing group on them to make them a little less flat, granted smooth objects do have problems in renders with been seen, however I believe this can be fixed with use of lighting or finer detailing.
    to answer the question yep the engines are on movable wings only has 3 positions closed halfway and open

closed = closer to wing this is mainly for landing the fighter
    midway = for extra control when docking in a space station
    open = maximum control

also they can be left closed resulting in less drag , as for the missiles they are prime dummy models i'm concentrating on detailing the cockpit next and as the missiles are basicly fire and forget didnt see much point in over cooking them :)
    okies been abit busy recently had a little spare time today and started on the cockpit

let me know your opinions and what kind of layout would best suit this small space

joystick between the legs or joystick on the right with the power controls on the left ??

anyhow here the render of the cockpit seat setup
    84023.jpg
  • HellsgateHellsgate0 Posts: 8Member
    Looks like it could be used as part of a "Last Starfighter" prequel/sequel. Sweet. I loved that movie & I've been waiting for the studios to delve more into that story.
    sorry its been so long off the thread but i went and lost this model and quite a few others to a damn virus i've got back up and running again but the serenity starfury will be remade in a few weeks i've also learnt some new tools in max since reinstalling it so there may be a new design overall

again i apologise for being off the grid for so long hope i can still keep this one interesting

metal