Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DDefiant mark ii

• larundellarundel171 Posts: 0Member
    What i would like to see is a torpedo turret just like what was on the sovvy class. If i remember correctly you could never see the torp launchers on the defiant, they just seemed to appear.
  • oldmangregoldmangreg198 Woodland Hills, CAPosts: 1,339Member
    larundel wrote: »
    What i would like to see is a torpedo turret just like what was on the sovvy class. If i remember correctly you could never see the torp launchers on the defiant, they just seemed to appear.

True. I think what I will do is make those blocky things in the front open and reveal torpedo launchers. Some more updates. Started to remodel the ship. Most of the ship was a mess so I started redoing it. Looks better and more Defianty.
    Your right to an opinion does not make your opinion valid.
  • colbmistacolbmista2 Posts: 0Member
    you know the nose of the defiant is a seperate structure right just pointin that out but the design is a much better improvement
  • Lizzy777Lizzy7771268 PNWPosts: 759Member
    The nose of the Defiant never made sense to me. It's supposedly a supplemental craft, the deflector housing, AND the primary docking port to DS9.
    "Cry 'Havoc!,' and let slip the corgies of war!"
    colbmista wrote: »
    you know the nose of the defiant is a seperate structure right just pointin that out but the design is a much better improvement

Yea I know but I wanted to make it one with the ship.
    Lizzy777 wrote: »
    The nose of the Defiant never made sense to me. It's supposedly a supplemental craft, the deflector housing, AND the primary docking port to DS9.

It wasn't really a craft. According to some info I found it could be fired with warheads in it as a last ditch effort weapon. I never watched DS9 so I never knew how it docked.
  • publiusrpubliusr550 Posts: 1,747Member
    In SFB, there is this thing called a Mauler cannon. Just call the nose that.
    publiusr wrote: »
    In SFB, there is this thing called a Mauler cannon. Just call the nose that.

Or "OH S--T!" button. :P
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    Looks like a space-fluke...
    Sorry I haven't posted on this in a while. Don't worry, the Mark II isn't dead. Just have been busy lately.
  • HaturodHaturod0 Posts: 0Member
    If this is a Mark II you could make it bigger, perhaps by extending the wings backwards? make it a bit more triangle shaped to make it look like a faster ship? I'm not really a Star Trek fan, so I dunno how this conflicts with the universe :)
  • HellsgateHellsgate0 Posts: 8Member
    I'd make a Defiant variant with 3 (Y-positioned) or 4 (X-positioned) swept back nacelles on their own pylons rather than those huge batwing nacelles with scaled down torpedo launchers on each pylon like the one embedded in the neck of the Enterprise-A or on the rollbar of the Reliant.

Capable of its own "Death Blossom" (see "The Last Starfighter") when/if cornered.
    Haturod wrote: »
    If this is a Mark II you could make it bigger, perhaps by extending the wings backwards? make it a bit more triangle shaped to make it look like a faster ship? I'm not really a Star Trek fan, so I dunno how this conflicts with the universe :)

I've tried that before and it doesn't work as well.
    Hellsgate wrote: »
    I'd make a Defiant variant with 3 (Y-positioned) or 4 (X-positioned) swept back nacelles on their own pylons rather than those huge batwing nacelles.

Then it wouldn't be really a Defiant. The Defiant has her nacelles built into the ship. Giving her 3 or 4 nacelles would be pointless.
    She'd still be a Defiant but she needs to be able to evolve as mission-specific purposes dictate. She'd also carry a small cache of tricobalt missiles for really nasty messes. Two of the nacelles would be strictly slaved to warp flight and main weapons, the other two would be slaved to the cloaking device, infinity modulator, shields, life support, and other tactical back-up options such as blow-away plates that allows the forward missile section to release and take out resistance as the escape pods / shuttlepods get clear.

Inspired by the Serenity:

attachment.php?attachmentid=84513&d=1282918254
  • LentowskyLentowsky172 Posts: 38Member
    I have to say that this looks more like an ancestor of the Defiant rather than a descendant. As a concept, it strikes me as a step back rather than a step forwards.

On a side note, those wings would make it a bigger target in a firefight. Personally, I'd either shrink 'em and bring the engines much farther inboard, or ditch them entirely and mount the warp drives inside the main hull.
    what u should do for a feature of the mark 2 defiant is add the janeway ablative borg armour from the season finally of st:voy
    Lentowsky wrote: »
    I have to say that this looks more like an ancestor of the Defiant rather than a descendant. As a concept, it strikes me as a step back rather than a step forwards.

On a side note, those wings would make it a bigger target in a firefight. Personally, I'd either shrink 'em and bring the engines much farther inboard, or ditch them entirely and mount the warp drives inside the main hull.

yeha the defiant is the first step to the warp nessels being built in to the ship like the future time traveln style ships or w/e
    Lentowsky wrote: »

I'm keeping them the same way the Defiant had them. No more talk about external nacelles. Those will be on a variant when I get around to it.
    colbmista wrote: »
    what u should do for a feature of the mark 2 defiant is add the janeway ablative borg armour from the season finally of st:voy

I forgot about that armor. Don't know how I would do that though.
    Here's some variations I was playing around with, with the warp drive engines moved to the back.
    Some more variations, with 4 nacelles. I kind of like the second one.
    I like this variant best.

Chechnya-Class Destroyer

attachment.php?attachmentid=84668&d=1283306428

Damascus-Class Destroyer

attachment.php?attachmentid=84669&d=1283306441

Egypt-Class Destroyer

attachment.php?attachmentid=84664&d=1283305233
    But I was thinking along the lines of re-examining Jim Martin's under-developed "Defiant-Class" concept art.

http://api.ning.com/files/m6UzgMQKs4rIdTVeFR2VqkGre34eKrdL1pH-sdTvlRMX*gFTgVUfhMpFJkHZbntm/dd8.gif

http://api.ning.com/files/hVXNtApikalroWRnpmi6dR*Dp9zB4gvd9WIQp5Wcg8ZM3wk4rSDN*qGiLM-l3JPo/dd3.gif
    i liek the 2nd pic in the first set of verations
    Hellsgate wrote: »
    I like this variant best.

Chechnya-Class Destroyer

attachment.php?attachmentid=84668&d=1283306428

Damascus-Class Destroyer

attachment.php?attachmentid=84669&d=1283306441

Egypt-Class Destroyer

attachment.php?attachmentid=84664&d=1283305233
    But I was thinking along the lines of re-examining Jim Martin's under-developed "Defiant-Class" concept art.

http://api.ning.com/files/m6UzgMQKs4rIdTVeFR2VqkGre34eKrdL1pH-sdTvlRMX*gFTgVUfhMpFJkHZbntm/dd8.gif

http://api.ning.com/files/hVXNtApikalroWRnpmi6dR*Dp9zB4gvd9WIQp5Wcg8ZM3wk4rSDN*qGiLM-l3JPo/dd3.gif

Pretty ugly designs. Glad they went the way they did
    What about making the mk2 defiant something like this in the attachment in the red square?
    84113.jpg
    larundel wrote: »
    What about making the mk2 defiant something like this in the attachment in the red square?

Because that looks like a Sabre-class.
    ok thats fair, it does a little.
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    It's dubbed the Courageous class.
    Look it up, there are various verions for BC, Armada, everything...
    Delete this post.