Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

2DTOS project Designs

FlankerFlanker0 Posts: 0Member
edited August 2010 in Work in Progress #1
Recently started work on a TOS design to get back into drawing and designing again after three weeks of doing nothing remotely similar.

I currently have named it the Eaves Class light cruiser. It is bigger then a Miranda (TOS style) but smaller then a Constitution Class. It is still in a early stage but after finishing the line drawing I am planning to add a MSD and colored version to go along with it.
athena10.jpg
83833.jpg
Post edited by Flanker on
Tagged:

• somacruz145somacruz1450 Posts: 0Member
    Looks like a slow reply week :D Well the ship is looking good, certainly different from the most TOS era that everyone else does (I'm speaking of the endless attack of Constitution class :p). Looking forward to the colored version !
  • publiusrpubliusr550 Posts: 1,747Member
    Rather like the Derf-class tender. Good work!
  • jpolkjpolk335 New YorkPosts: 14Member
    Looking forward to the other elevations. A little fuzzy on how the nacelles attach to the pylons. Looks very cool so far.
  • FlankerFlanker0 Posts: 0Member
    Thanks everyone for the replies. It does have something of a Derf class Tender (I had to look it up since I never heard of such a vessel :)) even so it is probably slightly bigger.

I also changed the connection between nacelle and hull... it looked to awkward at first but now has a good feel to it. I also added weaponry (8 phaser banks - 2x2 and 4x1 and a 2x1 photon launcher) and two shuttlebays (Miranda layout).

I also added a scale reference on the lower right showing the Eaves/Athena class (not yet decided) to sit between a Constitution and a Miranda Class in size. I think it could be a light cruiser or support cruiser this way.

athena11.jpg
  • GalenGalen0 Posts: 0Member
    Hey dude, nice work!!
  • MelakMelak332 Posts: 0Member
    Nice swooshy little ship :)

I see what you mean..can't really put a lot of detail on it if you want to stay true to TOS.
  • somacruz145somacruz1450 Posts: 0Member
    Yeah it's looking really good so far, it's very TOS-ish. It's good to see a new design and not the old Connie or Miran ... :p
  • BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral1115 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 2,567Member
    ^

Hey, now... lol.
    Thanks Galen, Bolian Admiral and everyone else. Yes it does have some part that remind it of a Miranda (with a twist at least I hope) Adam :P
    Even so you can add some detail to it, but not as much as you can do in TMP, TNG or beyond era ships. Even so adding interiors could work quite well for your 3d model Melak... perhaps a shuttlebay you can look into?

It is good to see the 2d WIP thread get more active :) Haven't been here in a while but more people are getting back or new people starting new threads.
    Minor update:
    athena12.jpg