Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DAnother Star Destroyer? Not again...

[Deleted User][Deleted User]11 Posts: 4,002Member
edited August 2010 in Work in Progress #1
Well while I'd never think to take on modelers like Fractalsponge and Jedilaw with their Star Destroyer models, here's something a bit different. It's an Imperial II-class Star Destroyer, but built to be low poly enough for a mod project I'm currently working on. As a result, there are some issues with accuracy, most notably that it's mostly symmetrical. This is simply for the sake of keeping good enough texture space so that an X-wing can skim over the surface without counting the pixels. Of course everything is simplified as well, but beyond that I've done my best to keep it as accurate as possible to the filming model (mostly the less-detailed, right hand side)

You can follow some earlier progress here and check out our forum here, which has several examples of my other work, as well as the work of the other talented artists working with us.
Post edited by Unknown User on
Tagged:

• Road WarriorRoad Warrior207 Posts: 815Member
    Nice work Brand-X, I have been a Fate of the Galaxy fan from the moment I saw the first screens. Do you think it's possible that you could show more of your work here?
  • DCBDCB331 Posts: 0Member
    Looks pretty good to me for a game mesh. I'd never even heard about that Freespace game. The mod sounds very interesting. You might want to post some more info for those of us that aren't familiar with it.

Oh, and it's always good to see some more SW stuff posted here - gotta try and keep all that Trek crap at bay. ;)
  • fractalspongefractalsponge254 Posts: 1,088Member
    Ah, so you're the one who did the low-poly ISDI? Great to see your work here. I'm a big fan of how that one turned out, and this one looks extremely promising.

I'd say it's looking pretty accurate so far, except that the angle of the back of the tower neck is too steep (should be ~45-50 degrees), and the hex module is a bit too tall relative to the detail and the hull (just pull the top and bottom edges towards the center and get rid of some space between the greebles. The scaling of the detail itself is fine.

Everyone's doing much more accurate ISDs nowadays it seems. I feel left out; it's been years since I made my attempt.
  • StarshipStarship466 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,977Member
    ...Everyone's doing much more accurate ISDs nowadays it seems. I feel left out; it's been years since I made my attempt.

No... Your ISD is still one of the best ones. ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    And we at the mod he's working on can't wait for him to finish a Star Destroyer at some point before the Apocalypse :)

I'm just glad this is his best one yet.