Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DTack On Team's "Project TOD"

JBJHJMJBJHJM0 Posts: 0Member
edited September 2010 in Work in Progress #1
Hey you guys out there!
introduction
I'm the founder of the Tack On Team.
And Project TOD is what we're working on.
To be exactly, it's "Game Project TOD". We're working on an indie SciFi game.
It's planned to be a mix of shooter and role playing.
Beginning on Earth, it will lead you right criss-cross through the whole Galaxy.
Inconceivable secrets and mysteries are waiting for you - so big that the Galaxy is just a little white spot compared to it.

Sorry guys, that's all we'll tell about the story now. But soon you'll get more info about it. Or you can try to annoy one of our storywriters and designers - ARESIUS! :lol:

our stuff
Currently I don't model detailed models, I just set up the basic design, show it, and begin to think about the next one. That means there're a lot of sketches. I will only post some selected here. If you want to see all current sketches, take a look at our gallery at http://jbjhjm.com/default.php?cat=5&tp=5!
Some spaceship designs were not made by us, but I hope we'll soon get permission to use them.

As soon there are new major updates, I'll inform you about it.

Also the Tack On Team is looking for more members! (currently 10) Especially we're searching for designers and 2D/ 3D artists. So if you're interested in joining our team or contributing some stuff, please contact me!

A basic robot tank
1_tank1_2.jpg

Human civil transport tank (infantry uses a different craft)
1_h_def_trooptransp.jpg

LEM (basic unit used by all infantry)
1_LEM1.jpg

A robot bomber with a really fat laser gun mounted vertically
1_robot_hlb1.jpg

Flying Battleship...
1_h_ff3.jpg

1_secretbaseff.jpg

The first spaceship (will have a fully visible and walkable interior)
2_pt1.jpg

The cruiser the player will live on most time (also fully walkable interior)
2_cruiser4.jpg

The cruisers computer core/database
2_cruiser_cptcore.jpg

The cruisers command room
2_cruisercommandroom.jpg
84588.jpg
Post edited by JBJHJM on
Tagged:

• colbmistacolbmista2 Posts: 0Member
    yhou posted this in the wrong forum section please repsot else where
  • AardwolfAardwolf171 Posts: 82Member
    Um, no. JBJHJM definitely should not repost it... Posting the same thing in multiple boards is incredibly annoying. Rather, tell a moderator to move it.
  • JBJHJMJBJHJM0 Posts: 0Member
    Nope I don't think so. Every model is WIP, and every model is/will be a 3d model. So 3D WIP should just be right.
  • colbmistacolbmista2 Posts: 0Member
    i see no model wip photos and all isee is a advertisment for ur "team" and recuitment asking question there for this is not a work in progress
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    Well, just you wait for the models.
    I've seen it often enough that some start a thread with no models yet posted. He has enough wips, so don't worry about that. ;)
    colbmista wrote: »
    i see no model wip photos and all isee is a advertisment for ur "team" and recuitment asking question there for this is not a work in progress

They are there - just read carefully:
    We already have a nice gallery filled with about 40 sketches and renders. http://jbjhjm.com/default.php?cat=5&tp=5
    Some spaceship designs were not made by us, but I hope we'll soon get permission to use them.
  • CoolhandCoolhand287 Mountain LairPosts: 1,296Member
    it might be nice if they were posted in here however... use the attachment system and feel free to start a wip thread in the 2d section for your projects concept art and also document both the 3d and 2d, but we need more than a link to your website. please add credits to the images also.

Essentially the thread so far has more of a feeling of a recruitment thing.. funnelling traffic away from SFM to your own site... which i'm sure is not the intention. but the thread needs artwork and to be about that... show images so we can have a discussion or something about it. post each design with some background info for example.

@colbmista, your concern is noted, and dismissed as long as he uploads some pics and more info. in future please use the report button and let the mods do the modding otherwise you'll just make us more work.

That is all.

Good luck:thumb:
    hm thought it might look better just using my own gallery instead of linking/loading up all the single images... but ok, I think I can do that.
    ok guys, I hope now you like it ;)
    Here's the new LEM design!
    getimg.php?img=1_LEM3.jpg
    What do you think of it?
    And a small animation of the hero's main aircraft!
    Online player: http://forum.jbjhjm.com/showthread.php?tid=75
    Alternatively the download file: http://www.jbjhjm.com/data/Phoenix_start_final.flv
  • jedi44jedi440 Posts: 0Member
    Glad to have you back,look forward to your great work.
    Thanks! Yeah currently I'm working a lot on our teams homepage and without making all my ideas public, as we don't want to show everything before the game's released. But from time to time we'll show some models I think.
    Here's another model to show - human's basic attack tank.
    getimg.php?img=1_h_att_tank_hp1.jpg
    getimg.php?img=1_h_att_tank_hp2.jpg
    getimg.php?img=1_h_att_tank_hp3.jpg
    Well just added a new thumb for the thread. It's showing the team logo together with the current design of the hero's personal aircraft called Phoenix:
    84588.jpg
  • jedi44jedi440 Posts: 0Member
    The attack tank is stunning,great design and well modeled,just the type of quality we have grown to expect of you.Thanks.:o:o
  • oldmangregoldmangreg198 Woodland Hills, CAPosts: 1,339Member
    The tank puts the Scorpion to shame.
    Your right to an opinion does not make your opinion valid.
    @Jedi44: thanks, too ;)
    oldmangreg wrote: »
    The tank puts the Scorpion to shame.
    Well I didn't know bout the scorpion tank, but google told me about it. I think ya right :D But especially I love some 4-track-tank from C&C3(?). That was my inspiration ;)