Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DFalcon Class - The nine year overdue resurrection

Liam_italianLiam_italian0 Posts: 0Member
edited August 2010 in Work in Progress #1
Hi all

Well it's been a very long time since I even attempted to make a trek mesh, and I doubt any of you will remember the horrific attempt below which I made in 2001

falcon_old.jpg

Anyway I decided to give it another go and here is what ive done so far, note the nacelle and sensor pod etc are only mock ups for a variant of the falcon class

falcon_new02.jpg

falcon_new03.jpg

falcon_new04.jpg

Obviously still loads to do but im getting there slowly.

Any suggestions etc are welcome
83452.jpg
Post edited by Liam_italian on
Tagged:

• MelakMelak332 Posts: 0Member
    I like it, your new version looks like it's showing some sort of lineage with the steamrunner - not in a bad way though :p
  • Liam_italianLiam_italian0 Posts: 0Member
    Thanks Melak, I have to confess I have been using your "Cutting on Complex Surfaces" tutorial to do the panelling etc
  • larundellarundel171 Posts: 0Member
    I can see where you are going with this and i have to agree with Melak she does look like she has close ties to the streamrunner and akira family.

Some really nice details starting to show already, and i do like the first version you did aswell. Im going to keep an eye on this one.

Good work.
  • StarshipStarship466 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,977Member
    Believe me, I do remember de old version. ;)
    Welcome back! Where you was hidden all these years? :D

The new version surelly looks much better!
  • MelakMelak332 Posts: 0Member
    haha why would you call that a confession - it's great to hear that my tutorial is useful to people :)
  • TrekMDTrekMD192 Posts: 639Member
    Looks very nice. The design has unique characteristics that make it interesting. Good job!
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    Hm. I can see a mix of the Steamrunner and the Akira in the newer version.
    But the first one is also quite nice.

Welcome back, btw.
  • Liam_italianLiam_italian0 Posts: 0Member
    Thanks for the comments guys, I agree that it does have a slight Akira feel to it, something that ive been aware of for a while. But the Steamrunner similarity was something that never crossed my mind. Hopefully I'll be able to keep it from turning into either of them.

The idea with the mesh is to keep the essence of trek but also make the ship less smoth and clean, add more greebles and character etc.

Anyway's I didn't get anything done tonight as I went to watch the New A-TEAM movie at the Cinema, and now im off to bed you crazy FOOLS!!!

@ Starship: You could say ive been busy, but I gave up on modelling for a few years after I joined the Territorial Army (National Guard) and then I joined the police force. But over the last year I have been messing with Max again and done a few meshes, mainly an APC and Classic Mini Cooper. But Ive got the trek bug again and I went to try and make a new mesh using new skills. I think I lost my main interest with modelling trek years ago because I was trying to do difficult meshes with the same limited skills, however Ive taken a new approach this time taking the time to watch tutorials etc and then apply what ive learnt to making a hopefully "better" mesh.

I know it's been a long time since Ive been around, although Ive always browsed the forums and a weekly basis to see what's been going on. I have to say the community has changed alot, with alot more talented meshes out there taking over from the old guys. Jeez I remember the days before Scifi-meshes even existed. Scifi-art was the most popular 3d trek modelling forum them and people like Tachy, Cooper, Fabio and Warrior were churning out all the trek meshes, although im not sure what's happened to those guys now. Last I heard was Tachy had a website called 3D underground but that was years ago.
  • HellsgateHellsgate0 Posts: 8Member
    Amen. Loved Tachy's stuff, and Paul S. Cargile, too, with an honorable mention of Cargile's chunkier Klingon-esque Rapier-Class that rivaled Tachy's more pancake style design with four phaser cannons protruding from its front lip.

Tachy & Paul: where are you when we need you?
  • StarshipStarship466 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,977Member
    @ Starship: You could say ive been busy, but I gave up on modelling for a few years after I joined the Territorial Army (National Guard) and then I joined the police force. But over the last year I have been messing with Max again and done a few meshes, mainly an APC and Classic Mini Cooper. But Ive got the trek bug again and I went to try and make a new mesh using new skills. I think I lost my main interest with modelling trek years ago because I was trying to do difficult meshes with the same limited skills, however Ive taken a new approach this time taking the time to watch tutorials etc and then apply what ive learnt to making a hopefully "better" mesh.

A short long history. :D Welcome back! ;)
    I know it's been a long time since Ive been around, although Ive always browsed the forums and a weekly basis to see what's been going on. I have to say the community has changed alot, with alot more talented meshes out there taking over from the old guys. Jeez I remember the days before Scifi-meshes even existed. Scifi-art was the most popular 3d trek modelling forum them and people like Tachy, Cooper, Fabio and Warrior were churning out all the trek meshes, although im not sure what's happened to those guys now. Last I heard was Tachy had a website called 3D underground but that was years ago.

Yes, Scifi-art was a great community and is still a part of us. YouA’ll find a few of the old guys on-board in this forum. ;)
    Seanr, Cooper, Comco, Fabio, Ebolii, DonA’t Shoot and Hawkman, at least, are active members, and say "hello!" from time to time. xFozzboute is still posting his wips here, Dak Phoenix and Pedro have his own sites out there, and Hellsgate is still the same (just kidding old friend :) ). Tachy, last time I hear about him, was a married man living in Australia, working as network administrator. 3D Underground is no longer online, but Scifi-art is still there, but frozen in time, as Wolfpack. Warrior still runs his old 3d-Gladiators and Colonialfleets sites. SteveW passed last year (a great loss for us all). A few of the old guys can be found here too: http://www.foundation-3d.com and http://www.3dscifi.com/forums/. ItA’s enough of saudosism for now. :) Back on topic, hope to see updates soon.
    Kinddest regards,
    Cassio
  • BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral1115 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 2,567Member
    Melak wrote: »
    I like it, your new version looks like it's showing some sort of lineage with the steamrunner - not in a bad way though :p

I agree... I like this... modern, sleek, and compact.
  • publiusrpubliusr550 Posts: 1,747Member
    Elegant. Sorry about Steve W.