Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DMatt's 3D Trek Sandbox

2»

• SchimpfySchimpfy396 Posts: 1,632Member
    The layout of your flight deck is promising. :) Perhaps you might take some more time to clean up your mesh befor you start adding more details. Right now the overall ship is looking very roughed out rather than finished. I rather like the concept (carriers are cool) and I would love to see it developed further.

As far as the warp station goes...I'm not really a fan of its abilities. A one or two hour jaunt at a maximum of, let's say, warp three might make it seem less uber and maybe more believable. The design is solid, though. :)
  • Robert HarrisonRobert Harrison1 Posts: 16Member
    Juvat wrote: »
    The layout of your flight deck is promising. :) Perhaps you might take some more time to clean up your mesh befor you start adding more details. Right now the overall ship is looking very roughed out rather than finished. I rather like the concept (carriers are cool) and I would love to see it developed further.

Thank you, how do you mean unfinished? I am happy with the shape... well still working on the Warp engine mounts but the rest of it is done... don't forget also that those last images are in fact JPEG and thus are horrible... i normally save as PNG... I do still have to work on the skin (textures) though.
    Juvat wrote: »
    As far as the warp station goes...I'm not really a fan of its abilities. A one or two hour jaunt at a maximum of, let's say, warp three might make it seem less uber and maybe more believable. The design is solid, though. :)

Thank you... the idea behind it is still evolving, i have decided now that it is more likely to be a high short warp hop, maybe a few days at most and then it would need a 'cool down' period. It would also more likely be a mass evac station, able to hold maybe 250'000 people for a short time...? The large shuttle bays and internal dock would allow for a rapid evac of a small colony or another starbase or even a small TF of ships...

The warp engines are massive and the field grid is a 360 coverage. i also want to say that the upper docking ports (like the ones on DS9) can not be occupied while the station is at warp.

I also think that this station would be idea as a Science/exploration platform, you warp it in and then have 4 ships Nova, Intrepid and Luna based there, once so much has been explored the station and ships move on to the next area.
  • L2KL2K0 Posts: 0Member
    jpg are not that horrible...
    dont forget to do shapes, paterns and color variations on your textures ;) its a bit flat the way it is right now

i dont know...

i think a combat station would be usefull to grab a damaged starship and warp it away while starting to give the first aid.
    but it should be smaller, and with arms, like the repair station the enterprise used after the borg battle in TNG
    Yeah... i am playing with light at the moment and trying to work out how to make things glow using lighting rather then Lens Effects glow...

I can't find a tutorial any where... I have seen meshes where the omni light spread has been cut in half so that it will only light up the out side of a model instead of everything...
    84976.jpg84977.jpg
    The shape isn't bad at all. In fact I like it a lot. What I meant was that the lines of the hull aren't very defined right now. It makes it look kind of like a "blob"...no offense.
    Okay, so i have messed around a little bit, in this image you can see both port and starboard 'Sides'. On the left (as you see it) i have flattened out the curve in the hull and in the right it is still in place... Now i have saved a new copy version so that i can play so not problem either way work wise...

Which one ya like best?!
    84996.jpg
  • L2KL2K0 Posts: 0Member
    works better straight for me ;)
    L2K wrote: »
    works better straight for me ;)

Yeah, i like it was all, gives cleaner lines down the edges...
    Well i found the mirror button :D it is great and shall get a good deal of use in the future... Anyway i have made a few changes, the warp engines and the curve of the hull are the main changes, i rotated the warp engines so that there were flat instead of at an angle... i have given you four views for these changes so let me know what ya think!

Matthew
    85010.jpg85011.jpg85012.jpg85013.jpg
  • AlmaelAlmael0 Posts: 0Member
    Nice looking design but not really good for war.
    The silhouette is a tempting target from above or below.
    The underbelly is not defended, even then the nacelles are in the way.
    One well placed torp will tear the "thin" structure apart.
    The access ports (bay doors) are easily disabled rendering the carrier useless. The bolt defenses are short ranged by design and only good against small craft. All someone needs to do is shoot torps there. Same could be said for the impulse. Note both are close to each other in the back. Kill two birds with one stone.
    Not to mention the "shoot the fighters into the stream of enemy fire" launching...
  • LockeFPLockeFP171 Posts: 0Member
    Please read the forum rules regarding necroposting. Since this is your first post here, I guess we can't really hold it against you . . .;)

Welcome to SciFi Meshes!
    Wow! Been a long time since i posted anything up here so i thought i would start again. Things got in the way and College and in September University! However, here is my continued project, a Starfleet Warp able station. Let me tell you alittle about the redesign.
    1: Low warp speed, maybe somewhere between 5 to 7 cruising speed.
    2: Shuttle bays only, other than docking ports like a normal starship has there is no facility to dock a starship. That being said a Defiant class would fit inside the flight deck (or depending on design it could land on the outer hull). Otherwise it has 4 shuttle bays with somewhere in the range of 200 support craft.
    3: It will act as an outpost for long range exploration and as a resupply post.
    4: Heavy shields and weapons, but suitable for a station of its size.

Okay so i have three possible designs... not sure which one to go with though...

Design 1:
    Warp Station V1.png

So this station would have warp engines like a starship, they would (in that picture) be aligned up to down.so the top in this picture would be the front when at warp or high impulse.

Design 2:
    Warp Station V2.png

This station has its warp engines and impulse engines on the underside of the hull. It would fly like the one above but the engines are more protected. It does of course mean that the amount of internal space is limited.

Design 3:
    Warp Station V3.png

This station is one based upon the Homeworld mothership and the Eve online space stations. It is the largest of the three, the warp engines are in the donut and the impulse engines are on the back of the ship.

Let me know which on ya all like...

Matthew
    102975.png102976.png102977.png
    The design i am working on has elements of Vulcan ships from Enterprise and the small stations in STO..

This image is upside down view of the station...

upsidedownstation.png
    102978.png
    I have done some work on the Warp Engines (i am thinking that this is only half of the engine layout though), and i have done some of the windows in the lower habitation decks towards the bottom of the station, and shuttlebay 2. This is a through deck bay which is big enough to handle two Wallace Warships or a dozen or so shuttles.

I have no idea where i am putting the impulse engines nor the second part of the warp engine system, or where how i am gonna put the Primary Shuttlebay.
    102990.png102991.jpg102989.png
    1.png 307.4K
    2.jpg 112.2K
    3.png 392.4K
    Not sure about the shiny hull, but it is different...
    102997.png102998.png102999.png
    Hello? anybody there?
  • colbmistacolbmista2 Posts: 0Member
    your images have nothing to show as they are to dark if you want cratiques do clay renders
    More light and much bigger images would help, too.
    Okay, here are some images with a bland skin on most of the station and lots of light...
    103016.png103017.jpg103018.png103019.png103020.png103021.jpg
    7.png 177K
    8.jpg 30.2K
    9.png 144.8K
    9a.png 390.7K
    9e.jpg 44.4K