Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

AnimationStar Wars Return of the Jedi - Approaching the Death Star

mylexmylex1015 Posts: 346Member
edited August 2010 in Finished Work #1
This is a complete 3D recreation of the first chapter of Return of the Jedi.

It was my first attempt to work with CG characters but I'm not really happy with the result.
There could be more with the next project :)

All comments are welcome

Enjoy
Mylex

Return of the Jedi 720p

Return of the Jedi 1080p
83114.jpg
Post edited by mylex on
Tagged:

• deg3Ddeg3D0 Posts: 0Member
    Impressive. Most impressive, dude. Wow, that's a lot of work! Congrats and Bravo!
    :)

deg
  • homerpalooza67homerpalooza67228 Posts: 1,891Member
    impressive, although i agree that the characters could use some work. If you were making a star wars video game, i would say its perfect
  • BuckaroohawkBuckaroohawk2 Posts: 0Member
    The difficulty of building and animating life-like characters is precisely why I stay away from it. Never done it and don't ever plan to try. I already posted my remarks about this video on YouTube. Mylex, you are the MAN! Great stuff!
  • ChrisGFXChrisGFX362 GermanyPosts: 607Member
    great work! only 2 points of critique: the whole film looks too CG, try to put some motion blur in and some film grain and you will see a complete different film :)

I hope to see more of your great work soon.

Chris
  • tobiasrichtertobiasrichter333 Posts: 0Member
    Impressive - and a lot of work. For a first try, the characters look quite ok. And I agree with Chris - put in Motionblur, Grain - this will help a lot. Plus work on the textures, especially on the deathstar and the star destroyer. They are far too clean.
  • BuckaroohawkBuckaroohawk2 Posts: 0Member
    I love simple rules, and here's a good one: If Tobias gives you advice (or confirms the advice of ChrisGFX, as in this case), then you should definitely heed those words. We've seen what these guys can do. They know their stuff and their comments can only help the rest of us be better artists. Go get 'em, Mylex!
  • mylexmylex1015 Posts: 346Member
    @chrisGFX and Tobias,

thanks for your comments, all my animation nearly don't have any post work. Actually I'm working with some programs to see what I can do.

I think some color correction and a little grain will be useful to get a little more motion picture feeling, motion blur is already existing and was integrated with the final rendering. The bucking is the result of the youtube plattform. To use more motion blur, is in my opinion not suggestive.

It' all a working progress :-)

Thanks mylex