Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DReimagined E-Wing Fighter from Star Wars

[Deleted User][Deleted User]11 Posts: 4,002Member
edited August 2010 in Finished Work #1
Well, my first post here and I've already got something to show!

Anyways, this is a redesign I did of the E-wing for a game modification I'm currently working on. I hated the original design of the E-wing and decided to try my hand at giving it a bit of edge, while still keeping the familiar design elements and not making it look too much like a completely different fighter.

I'm quite happy with it, maybe some day I'll go back and do a proper high-poly version of it, as this is just an in-game model.

And if you're interested, come check out our mod project. The forum is here and our website (which is in need of a redesign, I'm aware) is here
Post edited by Unknown User on
Tagged:

• Admiral DanevAdmiral Danev171 Posts: 0Member
    wow nice design, looks really sleek and fierce.
  • lennier1lennier1913 Posts: 1,283Member
    Really impressive!
    The original always looked so primitive as if they ran out of ideas and just slapped some pieces from the junkyard together until it resembled a fighter.
    Your improved version finally makes it believable that this is supposed to be the successor to the X-Wing.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    Yeah that was my big problem with the old E-Wing, it just looked like parts slapped together, and definitely didn't look more advanced than the X-wing. Glad to hear that you guys like my version :)
  • StarSlayerStarSlayer0 Posts: 0Member
    Good to see this baby get more exposure.
  • somacruz145somacruz1450 Posts: 0Member
    I've seen probably every single render in your galaxy and I must say that I'm extremely impressed with all of the models. This E-wing is also great - very sleek, fitting for the classic Star Wars look and the technical aspects of the model are just outstanding :thumb:
  • StarshipStarship466 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,977Member
    I've seen probably every single render in your galaxy and I must say that I'm extremely impressed with all of the models. This E-wing is also great - very sleek, fitting for the classic Star Wars look and the technical aspects of the model are just outstanding :thumb:

Ditto!!
  • IronscytheIronscythe0 Posts: 0Member
    This is fantastic. You should redesign the R7 astromech as well. Give it a drastically more advanced look (as opposed to simply reskinning the R2 like they did way-back-when).
    Thanks for the positive feedback! I don't know if redesigning an Astromech would really be my thing. I'm more of a ship kind of guy, know what I mean? =)
  • JamesAprilJamesApril0 Posts: 0Member
    That one looks awesome!
  • deg3Ddeg3D0 Posts: 0Member
    Way-coolness, dude, me likey! :)

deg
  • publiusrpubliusr550 Posts: 1,747Member
    It is also what I thought a federation fighter needs to look like.
  • RAF-MXRAF-MX10 Posts: 0Member
    Fantastic!!!....sleek re-design!....
    How about if you double the wings to make a new and sleeker X wing ...just an idea ...
    gran trabajo amigo!
    It's an idea, maybe for an XJ series.
  • Maverick EagleMaverick Eagle0 Posts: 0Member
    I like his idea of the XJ series.
    I always had the impression the XJ series only looked like the X-wing in appearence except sleeker more aggressive and meanier fighter design and not some upgrade of the X-wing. Its pretty much what the X-wing always wanted to be.

The best real-life examples would be the F-15 and the F-22. The Raptor does look similar to the eagle in design and the Role is exactly the same. However the Raptor design well similar is a completely different beast.
  • Very nice...only problem with the ortho renders is that you didn't adjust the lighting so that ALL of the model is lit at the angle the pic is taken from (front and top views) so you can't see half the model.
    Yeah, the orthos were just done quickly without much thought put into them due to a request.