Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DNear Future Airliner 'Cross Section'

liam887liam887322 SwedenPosts: 575Member
edited August 2010 in Work in Progress #1
This is tied into University work and is very near future, maybe 10-15yrs+.
Anyway havent decided on the full look yet im still playing this one as I go along. Roughed out the mid-section and will be starting on the details soon.

I know ive got my avatar thread but dont want to get that all mixed up and ive got a feeling this model is here for the long haul its going to be mental.

Modeled in sketchup
Rendered in kerkythea
83191.jpg
83063.jpg
Post edited by liam887 on
Tagged:

• Mikey-BMikey-B0 Posts: 0Member
    Wow that must be a big plane! 797 or something. Of course Airbus went that route with the A380.
  • liam887liam887322 SwedenPosts: 575Member
    The aircraft itself we be fictional but based on a hybrid of the A380, A340-600 and the Boeing 787.
    did some more work on the cockpit area and the main fuselage.
    83065.jpg
  • VALKYRIE013VALKYRIE013547 Posts: 1,473Member
    no swiming pool?? what kind of future plane doesn't have a swimimg pool?? :)

looks great! planing on detailing it up in the future? say something like the seats having more detail.. or could be textured details..

!
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    Very Cool it does have a A380 feel to it.
    ill detail it when the models finished, as for textures there is no point in starting them until its all done. Had to strip the seats for now ill put them back in later, started work on the rear engine intake.
    83075.jpg
  • alleyviperalleyviper0 Posts: 0Member
    Rediculous as always Liam. I'll be keeping my eye on this one. Great work so far.
  • Tochiro76Tochiro760 Posts: 0Member
    Those chairs look painful omg! Torture device for the knees lol. Why is there never enough room for legs on airplanes? What if I end up flying on this plane in 10-15 years? I would hope that you remembered my comment by then lol unless you are one of those types that likes to torture people hehe:-)
    lol that is economy class, i measured them from another airlines and my aircraft actually has more legroom lol! business and first class will come later!
  • EndeavourEndeavour331 Posts: 0Member
    Where are you planning on including the crew rest area? I know in a lot of airliners it's actually in the ceiling above the passenger compartment, as odd as that sounds.
  • colbmistacolbmista2 Posts: 0Member
    you know thats like one section of the plane right
    lol its actually going to be behind the cockpit but details like that wont even be started till its all blocked out!!!! Changed the timeframe for this craft to its going to be a bit mire futuristic
  • MelakMelak332 Posts: 0Member
    Nice, I love it!
  • BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral1115 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 2,567Member
    Oh, wow... I LOVE stuff like this! Great work, and awesome airliner!
  • VALKYRIE013VALKYRIE013547 Posts: 1,473Member
    more futuristic? so.. swimming pool? :)

military planes, I know the C-5 is this way (been up there) crew rest area, bunks, small kitchen are right behind the cockpit, in the C5 the front bump on top is all crew, while the back bump is a pasinger area (with seats facing backwards!!!)

so.. going to have sleep bunks like the fifth element?? :)
  • bbzwbbzwbbzwbbzw1 Posts: 0Member
    Jaw dropping work as always Liam!
    I would just like to know why the airline lost my luggage. Now with this cross section I can see why.... no walls to hold it in! :)
    lol I got carried away made it too futuristic so spent the whole day bringing it back down to a more realistic level. Not sure about the engines, im keeping them what I mean is im not sure how they work lol, some sort of hybrid design maybe.
    some sort of scramjet type engine maybe, going to rework the fuselage now to add some Concorde type winks and a nice pointy nose
    83090.jpg
  • BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral1115 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 2,567Member
    It doesn't look TOO futuristic, IMO... but regardless... this thing looks awesome. I can't tell from the pics so far, but does this plane have canards at all?
    im still just fleshing out the shape it will have canards it still needs a lot of re-working. Its 'near' future lol I cant go to far, hypersonic scramjet like engines are pretty futuristic! Its all about the cross section tho this last model is just getting the outside dimensions right so i know everything is going to fit inside.
  • FalinFalin0 Posts: 0Member
    looks pretty cool, not sure on the 4 independent sets of mains though, i think just 2 with 8 wheels would be adequate for the weight, pretty cool over all, where's the elevators in the passenger cabin, need those now a days as well as the crew rest areas.
    im not putting in any specific areas or interiors inside now until the whole frame is fleshed out.
    How many passengers does it hold? Obviously a lot more than five passengers set sail that day on a three hour tour...
    dont know yet once the initial framework is all set up and the stairwells, dividing walls, galley, toilets etc then i will work on the seating config. Here is the plan ive got for economy:
    83113.jpg
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    just like a normal plane now. cramp!
    yeah lol, ill have economy, business and first, that seating plan is for economy its actually the seating plan for the A380 economy I just copied it.
  • BorgManBorgMan209 DutchlandPosts: 581Member
    From all the concepts I've seen, the scramjet intake was always under the main fuselage instead of on top / on the side. I'm not really sure why, but I do know that right now your available space for the scramjet is not enough to house all the equipment; I suggest making it way longer and making sure you;ve got enough reference material.

Other than that, it's quite an interesting concept. Why are the wingtips bend downwards? Something you need to check out as well, as the upwards wingtips have a very specific reason; check out this Wiki page about the details :)
    they are just placeholders ill male some better wings later, the plane is much longer all the engine work will be added on later.
  • cavebearcavebear179 Posts: 623Member
    Very nice and I'm glad that the wings are just place holders as scram-jets take you to that wonderful mach 5 speed range and you will want pretty thin wings for that. Also the nose is way to blunt for the speeds you are looking at. Don't use the space shuttle as a guide as it comes in nose up and lets the underbody take the heat and slow it down to subsonic speeds. Boeing has some great pics of their X-51A with an article here.