Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DStar Trek Warp Jump - Inspired by Robert Wilde (WIP)

Toa_KaitaToa_Kaita332 Posts: 0Member
edited July 2010 in Work in Progress #1
Havent posted much here in a while; here's a little something Ive been working on. The Galaxy Class is done by DJ Curtis.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fmQzh4EBvI

Here's the tutorial on how to achieve the effect with 3ds Max and After Effects.

http://www.mediafire.com/?m7pqok7jzc88ss4

Comments and critiques welcome.
83017.jpg
Post edited by Toa_Kaita on
Tagged:

• EndeavourEndeavour331 Posts: 0Member
    Interesting idea. It has a very TMP feel to it.
  • Toa_KaitaToa_Kaita332 Posts: 0Member
  • BuckaroohawkBuckaroohawk2 Posts: 0Member
    I like the smoothness of the light steaks and the "warp flare" at the end, but something doesn't look quite right to me. Once the ship goes to warp it doesn't streak into infinity, disappearing from our view. It looks like we follow it into warp speed for a while, then it disappears with the "wap flare." I guess what I'm saying is the ship doesn't move far enough away from our POV as it enters warp speed. Of course, there really isn't any rule that says it has to, but traditionally that's what happens when a Trek ship goes to warp. I did like the video, though. The FX looked great. The whole POV thing is just my two cents.
  • Toa_KaitaToa_Kaita332 Posts: 0Member
    Thanks buckaroohawk :) I actually agree now that I look back on the video. Ill tweak that in shot 2, which should hopefully be up in the next few days.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    The sound effects and the flash at the end make it very TMP-like, but the stars and streaks have more of an Abrams feel to it.

I have to agree, it would probably look cooler when viewed from a 'chase craft' which follows the ship until it's just too far away (e.g. the chase ship can also go warp >1 but just can't keep up with the Galaxy.)