Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DFighter Style WIP

metalsnakemetalsnake5 Posts: 0Member
edited July 2010 in Work in Progress #1
well incase your wondering what happened to the old thread its still here but under a new title the fighter was a lost cause sadly however i decided to give structures ago

a later post with several pictures shows how its going

this post includes its latest picture

C&C very welcome and always appriciated :)

this building is going to end up as part of a military base belonging to the angelcore faction for a sci-fi cgi animated series ( at least thats where i'd like this project to go )
82927.jpg
Post edited by metalsnake on
Tagged:

• metalsnakemetalsnake5 Posts: 0Member
    welp just a little update for you guys couldnt decide on the update of the wings so did a little more work on the font prongy bits lol C&C welcome
    82806.jpg
    just a little update guys i'm working in finishing the intakes rear end unsure of my cockpit style at the moment and having round engines with these square edges ponders the question of a wing design i'm thinking delta wings though i that would then raise my question about rear landing gear hopefully i'll figure something out soon and get round to texturing however if anyone would like to work with me on this i'd like to go and do a full set of ships

peace out metal (angelcore)
    So added the wings in yes okie there lacking any detail but hopefully i'll get round to do some plating for them however i'm having alot of trouble designing the cockpit section of this fighter any tips hints or suggestions are welcome in the mean time i'm going to start work on the launch tubes which will later appear on the carrier ship

i'm also stuck on a name to this fighter any ideas guys

let me know what you think of it so far
  • AardwolfAardwolf171 Posts: 82Member
    It's kind of hard to comment on the design without having any idea what the body of the ship is going to look like.

Maybe experiment with some basic hullforms until you have a few workable concepts, and then try to select whichever you think is most workable? As it stands, there's some decent greebleature there, but it's not a ship.
    well yeah i can see your point but thats mainly cos i'm stuck with the cockpit body of the design still playing around that and trying to make some concept designs at the minute in the meantime i've been working on another model

the angelcore headquarters

its only the externals at the moment but hopefully will get round to adding the interior at a later stage

:NOTE: pictures have uploaded in reverse first picture is latest update :)
    82912.jpg82913.jpg82914.jpg82921.jpg
  • PerfectAgent007PerfectAgent007331 Posts: 0Member
    I see you brought in some style from EVE Online for the front structures. Always loved the design of the Minmatar ships.
    yeah i really like the style of the rifter so tried to enhance its visual detail instead of doing it by texturing sadly ended up taking a break from that model due to no cockpit design but its still on the plans at this current time i'm working on around 4 models all by myself so keep swapping between them as and when i get ideas to add to them :)