Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DFighter Collection

SeverusSeverus401 Posts: 254Member
edited April 2012 in Work in Progress #1
I've got a few of these going now. Mostly just old models that I'm rebuilding because the originals had almost no details and were meant to be seen from great distances. First up is the Predator, yeah I know it's not the same as the extended universe version but I'm keeping the name anyway ;) The idea with this one is that it's a close air support/ground attack craft. I'm putting in the option for landing skids for those times when you want to leave a garrison behind that needs air support but you don't have a base with TIE racks handy. Anyway here's where I am with this at this point...
Post edited by Severus on
Tagged:

• L2KL2K0 Posts: 0Member
    luke skywalker doesnt stand a chance :D

i'd make the upper wings differents from the lower ones. maybe a bit smaler, or maybe make them complement each other
  • VALKYRIE013VALKYRIE013547 Posts: 1,473Member
    very nice! can't wait for the rest!
  • alleyviperalleyviper0 Posts: 0Member
    Very awesome!
  • MorpheusMorpheus0 Posts: 0Member
    Wow, I guess this is what happened when you cross breed a TIE fighter with an X-Wing. Awesome job.
  • bobafettbobafett0 Posts: 0Member
    fantastic work!
  • madmattmadmatt0 Posts: 0Member
    Coool model!! Is it your design?

Bye
  • cool65cool65332 Posts: 29Member
    :cool:I like that design of X-TIE fighter.:cool:
  • publiusrpubliusr550 Posts: 1,747Member
    Something you might want to do. I was wondering what a TIE equivalent of a B-Wing might look like. You might remember the Hurricane symbol on the weather channel. Now imagine a TIE is coming right at you, with one solar panel emplacement curling up and over, and one on the other side wrapping down and to the left, and the two wings spiral around the center.
  • ElowanElowan0 Posts: 0Member
    Well done!
  • SeverusSeverus401 Posts: 254Member
    Thanks for the comments guys.

@L2K - I might try out the smaller extension on the lower wing, that's what I had on the original model.

@madmatt - yep, I am completely to blame for it...

@publiusr - that makes my brain hurt, that one is all yours my friend, have at it lol

Still finishing up the Predator, but the next up will be the TIE Storm, which unlike the Predator will be an actual twin ion engine job. Here it is before I make changes, the shape will remain the same but I'm going to change or modify just about everything else before I'm done with it.
  • McGigMcGig0 Posts: 0Member
    Looks like it's got some Chiss Clawcraft in it's heritage. Still, awesome looking craft.
  • somacruz145somacruz1450 Posts: 0Member
    Amazing work on both of the ships, they are really impressive in every possible way ! You really did a great job giving away the feeling of the old trilogy :thumb: Looking forward to seeing more !
    Thanks guys. Yeah I guess the rounded wings do give it a little clawcraft look.

I've been working on the Predator some more, adding some more details here and there but I've noticed a problem when I render particularly from the front. For some reason parts of the solar panels are disappearing, just rendering completely black. I thought maybe the trouble spot was being interfered with by the wing but it's not touching it at all. There aren't any cuts or flipped normals or extra vertices so I'm kinda stumped as to why this is happening. Anyone know why?
  • meugen06meugen06334 Posts: 5Member
    MAybe the lights aren't enough to light all the details,or maybe there are some settings on how you render regarding the camera.It depends on which programm you model.
    The lights were ok but I wasn't able to figure out why those black squares were appearing. So I finally just rebuilt them and that seems to have taken care of the problem. Still fleshing out the detailing but the end is in sight and then I'll move on to the Storm.
    Some more work done... added some details to the fuselage and a hardpoint with an optional sensor jammer why not, but some extra weapon system could just as easily go up there...
  • somacruz145somacruz1450 Posts: 0Member
    The sensor array looks nice - we don't get to see that kind of stuff on Imperial vehicles very often. Also, the details are just amazing ! :thumb:
  • StarshipStarship466 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,977Member
    Both ships looks great bro! ;)
  • blackbird17blackbird170 Posts: 0Member
    Cool Imperial Tie Fighter/Bomber Design. The X-Tie Predator Should of been in the Star Wars movies Episode 6 flying along side the Tie Interceptors. Keep up the good work.
  • calamity_sicalamity_si361 Posts: 369Member
    Dude, that looks RUUUUUUUDE! Awesome work!
    Did some more work on my TIE Avatar, amazing how an off hand remark bashing The Empire Strikes Back on TrekBBS will motivate me to work on Star Wars stuff lol. This was supposed to be a post-ROTJ fighter. Mostly, I've just worked on rebuilding the cockpit and struts, the wings are untouched at this point except for the cannons.

ge_2012_avatar_000.jpg

ge_2012_avatar_001.jpg

Here it was in it's corruptible old form...

tie_avatar_wip_001_by_lordsarvain-d3038zs.jpg
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    Wait, someone was bashing TESB?! It's one of the greatest movies ever made! It's my favorite SW film. The impertinence of some people! ;)

That's a really cool looking TIE. I'm not familiar with that particular design, but I like it. :D
  • Capt DaveCapt Dave0 Posts: 0Member
    Wait, someone was bashing TESB?!
    Believe it or not, some people have no class.
  • Capt DaveCapt Dave0 Posts: 0Member
    I got to say these ships are absolutely figin awesome!!!!
    Yes my friends, some people's taste is all in their mouths, and even that is suspect.
    Some more work done on this...

ge_2012_avatar_010.jpg

ge_2012_avatar_009.jpg
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    Looking schweet. :)
  • Road WarriorRoad Warrior207 Posts: 815Member
    Cool stuff!
  • meugen06meugen06334 Posts: 5Member
    Big and scary like the Empire wants it.
  • HelotHelot391 Posts: 164Member
    That is was bad a$& SW ship.
    Some updates, still adding bits and cutting stuff here and there, I'm no Fractalsponge but I like how it's progressing...

ge_2012_avatar_015.jpg

ge_2012_avatar_016.jpg