Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

Adobe Premiere CS3 Export Settings

Chris2005Chris2005678 Posts: 3,097Member
I render 3D videos at a resolution of 853x363 which has an aspect ratio of 2.35:1, which is the CinemaScope ratio for anamorphic wide-screen films.

I just started using Adobe Premiere Pro, since Magix has been acting up, but when importing them into Premiere, I made a few preview clips rendered in 3ds max, which are of the view-port showing several items, lights, dummy objects, etc. the background in the view-port is gray, but it changes to black in premiere, but that's not my primary concern, since space scenes should have a black background, unless inside a nebula, or something, etc.

My main issue is the file size:quality ratio, I can't achieve a decent file size without bad quality, and a good quality without a HUGE file size, a 30 second sequence, published in MP4 format, gave me a 57MB file in Premiere, using Magix Movie Edit Pro 16 Plus HD, I would only get a slightly higher than 7MB video.

Can anyone help me?
Post edited by Chris2005 on
AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC 12GB
1TB NVMe SSD, 2 x 1GB SATA SSD, 4TB external HDD
32 GB RAM
Windows 11 Pro

• lennier1lennier1914 Posts: 1,284Member
    Wrong Place. This belongs into the Q&A section.
  • GuerrillaGuerrilla797 HelsinkiPosts: 2,868Administrator
    Moving to Q&A.
    Comco: i entered it manually in the back end
    Join our fancy Discord Server!
  • Chris2005Chris2005678 Posts: 3,097Member
    Guerrilla wrote: »
    Moving to Q&A.

ok, thanks, must not have seen the section, I posted this at like 3am, lol.
    AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
    32 GB RAM
    Windows 11 Pro
  • NanoGatorNanoGator1 Posts: 0Member
    I don't know how to solve your problem, but I can tell you it is NOT a good idea to use odd numbers for the resolution. Apps have to go through extra effort to deal with that and some don't do it at all. It's possible the codec you're using is barfing on it.
  • MelakMelak332 Posts: 0Member
    If you are using MP4 as a container (and possibly H.264 as a codec?) I'd go with what Nano said; H.264 doesn't handle resolutions that dont divide by 16 well (if at all).

I'd recommend rendering at a resolution like 1280x720 (Or 1280x544 if you want to keep your aspect ratio). Also, if you aren't already using H.264 as a codec, I would suggest you do because it offers excellent compression.

You can do your compositing work or post processing in Premiere just like now, but save as an uncompressed AVI. Then you can use MeGUI & AniSynth (both free) to encode to H.264 / MP4. The app offers many presets, "BluRay: Insane" is one that uses the constant quality option. (This way, file size doesn't predict well, but you get the best bang for your buck).

I'd be glad to give you more info, IM me or shoot me a PM if you like :)
    I got the problem solved, but now I have a problem with the actual program's process not ending when I click exit, I have to manually end the process.
    AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
    32 GB RAM
    Windows 11 Pro
    Try taking out the odd number?
    NanoGator wrote: »
    Try taking out the odd number?

I've fixed the video problem, now my other problem is that Premiere CS3 after I close it, still is listed under the processes tab in the task manager with an extreme memory usage, like 800,000K, some have said it's a memory leak, and said I should try a newer version like CS4 or 5.
    AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
    32 GB RAM
    Windows 11 Pro
    Right, I'm asking because the odd number thing might be playing a part on that, especially if it's causing teh codec to hang during indexing or something.
    NanoGator wrote: »
    Right, I'm asking because the odd number thing might be playing a part on that, especially if it's causing teh codec to hang during indexing or something.

No, still does it even after fixing the frame size, etc.
    AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
    32 GB RAM
    Windows 11 Pro
  • MelakMelak332 Posts: 0Member
    What happens if you just kill the process?
    Melak wrote: »
    What happens if you just kill the process?

Nothing, the process ends, and life goes on.
    AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
    32 GB RAM
    Windows 11 Pro
  • Pic-A-CardPic-A-Card0 Posts: 0Member
    Reinstall? Also, is Adobe's media encoder app hanging or ppro itself? I can't remember if they separated them out in CS3 or if it was CS4.
    Pic-A-Card wrote: »
    Reinstall? Also, is Adobe's media encoder app hanging or ppro itself? I can't remember if they separated them out in CS3 or if it was CS4.

I'll give it a shot, and it's the program itself.

Video I made here, shows exactly what I mean:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHfCYQNc7fA
    AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
    32 GB RAM
    Windows 11 Pro
  • IRMLIRML253 Posts: 1,993Member
    now and then after effects CS3 hangs on exit for me, could be a similar issue

I know you said you've fixed the video problem, but I highly recommend choosing an image resolution with even numbers, odd numbers can really mess with codecs, there are some that won't render at all unless the width and heigh fall on specific multiples, so that's how funny codecs can be sometimes

why not go with a more rounded anamorphic res, I render at 1920 x 800, if you half that it'd be similar in size to what you render at now, but much easier to work with